• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    Heading down to Louisville tonight and was wondering if there are any "must go to" gun shops on the way? Heading down I-65 from Indy and dont want to get too far off the beaten path. Let me know what you guys think?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I believe INGO Advertisers TSG and Law Enforcement Firearms are both proximate to I-65 on the south side of Indy. There's also Kiesler's down around Jeffersonville.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's Bass Pro, 111 Gun Shop, and Keisler's all VERY close to I-65. All off the same exit, actually.

If you go to Keisler's website, you'll see some OLD mumbo-jumbo about them not selling to the general public. Don't believe it.

-J-

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    What shenanigans? I haven't heard anything besides the runaround they gave me.

Keisler's may not be the best deal around but I like to go in and look. And bass pro is a must whether you're looking at guns or not. I love that place.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    The owner of 111 is still around, talked with him yesterday. Theres also Kemps Gun shop also off exit 4 on 65, but there not open today apperntly since I went to go pick up a rifle I had on hold, and there all locked up :(

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Don't forget ACME down in Seymour, about 2 miles West of I65 just off the Seymour exit.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    ACME sport in Seymour. Two miles west of the interstate, on the left immediately across from the State Police post and just after Captain D's.

:ar15: esrice

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    haha

I've always wished my Mod powers would let me insert a post BEFORE someone else's, even if it was really after, so that I could steal their idea and sound like the smart one. lol

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bass Masters Sports and Tackle is about two blocks away from ACME (even on the same side of the street). Decent store if you also want to shop for gun accessories or fishing/archery/etc. ACME is a better gun store, though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Seymour Exit 50. Definately hit ACME and BassMasters. Also, if you go East and then North on Hwy 31 from this Exit there is a small shop called Bite the Bullet. It is just south of Reddington, IN.

Exit 34 @ Austin - Go East on Hwy 256, there is a shop about 3 miles out of town on the south side of the road. For some reason I can not recall the name.

Exit 29 @ Scottsburg - Turn left or East on Hwy 56. Scotts Ace hardware/Anglers Den on the south side of the road. This store is on the corner of Hwy 31 & Hwy 56. They have a pretty nice gun selection.

Exit 4 @ Clarksville you have Kieslers & Stop 111. Never heard of Kemps I will have to check this out.

Since you probably won't have time to hit all of these, I would recommend Acme, BassMasters, Ace Hardware, & Kieslers. Between these four one of them always has what I want.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dont waste your time in Bassmasters in Seymour! Definately stop in Acme though and Ace Hardware in Scottsburg.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    +1 on Acme and Bite the Bullet carries Wilson Combat, Nighthawk and Glocks. Not much of a long gun selection, but SWEET handgun selection. Very well worth the short jog off of 65.

Top Bottom