Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post
    This ^^^ ... the one rule that will bail you out and save your butt when you screw up all the other ones.
    Yup.

Never met Cigar Bob ... I don't think. RIP and sorry for your loss Melensdad.
    He came to Meet & Shoots the first couple years, but maybe got to about 1/3rd of them?

This whole thing really pisses me off. I was shaken when I got the news from a mutual friend yesterday who drove up from INDY to tell me. But now I'm just angry.

Tragic and stupid way to kill a person that is simply negligent. Bob left behind a family, he was healthy, fun loving, hard working and a very nice person. Because of the stupid act of another he is gone from the lives of his loved ones. No reason for this.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Wild Deuce; 12-12-2014 at 17:35.
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

User Info Menu

Any word about legal consequences for the person that shot him?

Is that Cigar Bob in the background? ...
    I don't know about any legal consequences . . . not sure I want to know.

And yes, that is Bob Anderson, aka Cigar Bob on the far right side of the photo.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Col. Cooper was true american hero , rip col.cooper

Plinker

User Info Menu

Guess the place where gun owners are frustrated because of the odd gun laws by the government? It's Massachusetts.

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting these clear/concise rules! I've been looking for something this simple and easy-to-remember to teach to my children. They are learning the basics of proper firearms handling with safety stressed as the most important factor. I've been pushing good safety habits with their toy/nerf guns so they learn to treat every firearm (even if it looks like a toy) with the utmost respect. This is a great, simple list of safety items for everyone to easily remember.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I agree... safety first!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hdrenollet View Post
    Thank you for posting these clear/concise rules! I've been looking for something this simple and easy-to-remember to teach to my children. They are learning the basics of proper firearms handling with safety stressed as the most important factor. I've been pushing good safety habits with their toy/nerf guns so they learn to treat every firearm (even if it looks like a toy) with the utmost respect. This is a great, simple list of safety items for everyone to easily remember.
    I think it depends on the children's age. All boys play with toys that look like pistols. If you prohibit them to cover each other with muzzles - you destroy the game. Everyone knows that it doesn't mean real death. It's a normal part of any game to imitate something, including shots. When you are a child, you need to get the idea of firearms and its use, later, when you handle real firearms - you learn safety rules.

JDG
    Plinker

User Info Menu

These are great rules. My daughters are 12 and 14 and we began with a similar set of rules a couple years back when they shot their first air rifle. Accidental shootings can be 100% avoided if we take the time to teach anyone handling a firearm these basic rules.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Minifire View Post
    I think it depends on the children's age. All boys play with toys that look like pistols. If you prohibit them to cover each other with muzzles - you destroy the game. Everyone knows that it doesn't mean real death. It's a normal part of any game to imitate something, including shots. When you are a child, you need to get the idea of firearms and its use, later, when you handle real firearms - you learn safety rules.
    A modern trend among gun owners is to NOT promote children "playing" with anything that resembles a gun, be it a toy or not. Teach them the real rules with real guns from an early age and there will be no undoing of developed deadly habits.

Washington County Juvenile in Serious Condition after being Shot
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7