• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatchhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I've been trying to get rid of my Keltec P11 cause I can't hit the side of Lucas Oil stadium with it. The 2 guns I have offers for are a Bersa Duotone .380, and a Llama IXA .45 1911 clone. The Llama is really cool, I would love to get into 1911's and that would be my chance. I know lots of people hate them but I'm on a budget and this would give me a chance to own a .45. On the other hand Bersa's are well loved and trusted, but im scared of anything .380, with lack of ammo. I also dont need it for CC real bad cause I have a Charter Arms off duty snubby I carry and love. WHAT SHOULD I PICK ALREADY????AHHHHHHHH....please help:ar15:thanks

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Why not look at a different brand of 1911? Or is this what you have in offer for trade? Is the Kaltec really that inaccurate, or do you just need some training...I was under the impression that they weren't bad guns? Guess if I was on a budget, I would stick with the caliber that I already have, and to jump ship to a .45 Llama just doesn't seem like a good idea, I'd wait until I could get a quality .45, unless you think that the Llama is a real good pistol. Anyhow, just my .02

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    How far are you away from the stadium? Take a few steps closer and get back to us with the results.....

I like my glocks, they make great guns and grenades when needed............

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    I've been trying to get rid of my Keltec P11 cause I can't hit the side of Lucas Oil stadium with it. The 2 guns I have offers for are a Bersa Duotone .380, and a Llama IXA .45 1911 clone. The Llama is really cool, I would love to get into 1911's and that would be my chance. I know lots of people hate them but I'm on a budget and this would give me a chance to own a .45. On the other hand Bersa's are well loved and trusted, but im scared of anything .380, with lack of ammo. I also dont need it for CC real bad cause I have a Charter Arms off duty snubby I carry and love. WHAT SHOULD I PICK ALREADY????AHHHHHHHH....please help:ar15:thanks

.45 wont help if it doesnt feed. Bersas are accurate and reliable. If you keep your eyes open you can find ammo for the Bersa. Look in the classifieds now and I believe you will find a fair amount to get started. Also Bersa will probably be easier to sell being a better quality/ more reliable weapon.:twocents:

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    well you already have a carry gun so go with the 1911 clone you said you really liked, i personally love the bersa but i feel the same way you do about the .380 ammo, hard to find in a time of need so best stock up on it whenever possible! that being said you seem like you already have the protection gun so now go for the one you really just want to have :D

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    I have a Bersa 380 Duotone. It’s my primary CC. Shoots great and I can hold a 7” group out to 20 yards. Don’t worry too much about the ammo. ya gota look... this weekend I found a box of Winchester 380 at Meijer for $17.99. You can get the self defense stuff at most gun shops. It just takes a little looking for the practice ammo.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Well unless your in a hurry why not wait and see what other offers you can get for it or sale it outright for cash and save up for a 1911 or other gun you want.

Sasquatchhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Yeah. im not in a hurry really. Im just gonna wait and see what comes up. I decided to pass on the Llama, just too many bad reviews.

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    What about considering a Ruger 9mm? They are well made and have a great warranty. The P series offers great value for about $300 at most big sport chains which sell handguns.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Nothing wrong with a Llama. If I was selling you one of my 45's, I'd let you shoot it before you bought it.

Is try before you buy an option with the seller?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    It was not an option, no. I have a sharp eye on the ruger P series tho. maybe a P89

P95 is great if you want a poly frame. You could pound nails with the poly on those!

Very reliable and less recoil than the P-11's which can be nasty to shoot.
    Any time I've tried one I did not want to shoot after the 2nd mag but it is a self -defense concealable gun. I can hit with the ones I've tried but I shoot low with them. PM me if you decide on a cash price or I'll look for your ad.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    How far are you away from the stadium? Take a few steps closer and get back to us with the results.....

I like my glocks, they make great guns and grenades when needed............

I like my Para Ordnance Warthog. It really freaks the bad guys out when they look at it

and the Parokote starts coming off.

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I had a IX-A that had failure to eject issues. The fired case would extract but then the next round would try to feed before it ejected, causing a jam. Automatics don't get a second chance with me, I tried different ammo, different mags and it still persisted, I sold the gun.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    My Bersa 380 has been ultra reliable....but like you I have a hankering for a 45... had some in the past and have regretted selling... what else is new.

Todd

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i have seen nothing but problems coming from the llama's i would sell and save, for a springfield GI great gun for the money and a great starter gun to get into the 1911's

Top Bottom