Indy 1500 Admission/Parking Costs & Is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Thinking about going for my first time next weekend -- working on dragging a few friends with me. Can someone tell me what the admission price and parking costs are? A THR thread said $9 admission and I think I heard $3 parking, but that parking number seems too low.

Also, wondering what the chance is of finding a low-end AK-74 for better than internet prices. I have one friend who is hoping to find cheap cases of 9mm practice ammo.

Also, we can't get there any earlier than mid-morning on Saturday (10:30 or 11:00). How bad is the line at that point? :)::):

Last edited:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Thats right pricing & yes its worth it.I usually make the drive from ft wayne but will miss it this time around due to a work opportunity . the fort wayne gunshow parking is 4 or 5 $ - 6 or 7 $ for admission & not really worth it.1500 is awesome whether youre looking or buying . Thats about the time I make it down ( 10:30) & its not to bad but seems to get crowded as it gets closer to closing.Precision cartridge will be at the show I believe & they are charging 11.00$ per 50 9 mm,might find it cheaper but this is reloadable ammo & everyone raves about it,

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I consider it to be the best show in the state and well worth the price. Your numbers are right and if you want to save the parking fee you can usually find a parking space on one of the streets just south of 38th street.

The line should be down by the time you get there. When you get in you can register for $1 off coupon to be mailed to you for a discount to the next shows.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It's worth going just to people watch. You will see some weird people, some normal people, some old people, and some young people.

You'll spend at LEAST 4 hours there, if not more. They have tupperware, 7-11 novelty-type items, and lots of fudge. (not kidding)

Seriously, it is a GREAT show. Too bad there are stupid people that go to it. The last one I was at a guy discharged his sidearm in the lobby when reloading it. There was a policeman yelling at people when I got there that he was sick of having loaded weapons pointed at him all morning, and you'll for SURE run across someone who doesn't believe in personal hygiene.

Don't bother playing the "Count the camo" game. You'll grow tired very fast.

Without seeing this years prices yet, you'll probably be looking at around $500 for a Romanian WASR. That was about the going rate at the end of the year last. You would probably be better off ordering it from Classic Arms.

But I would go look just in case.

I bought a WASR there 2 years ago for $325 new. At the time, that was cheap.

I didn't buy anything up there last year because of the inflated prices. I'm curious to see where they are this time around though. I will be there.
    :ingo:

IndianaCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Indy-Southside
    I plan on going as this will be my first show. I will be looking for a new or gently used Glock 19 and ammo. I remember seeing on here a couple of weeks ago where Midwest Exchange was selling G19's for around $469. I'm wondering if I will find one at the show for that. I'm also going to try and sell a couple of shotguns.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    this will also be my first time going. Can one expect to find decent prices for .38sp practice ammo? No one in town has it and shipping kills the pricing online unless you buy a lot at once...

also what about reloading components? I've got everything I need except I'm still waiting on some powder to arrive. I'd be tempted to buy some powder at the show if the price is right just so I could get started earlier. I also need to buy some .38sp 158gr LSWC.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I plan on going as this will be my first show. I will be looking for a new or gently used Glock 19 and ammo. I remember seeing on here a couple of weeks ago where Midwest Exchange was selling G19's for around $469. I'm wondering if I will find one at the show for that. I'm also going to try and sell a couple of shotguns.

Probably. Midwest always has the most toys.

One of the guys at Midwest told me last summer that they sold over $1M that weekend at the 1500. I think it was towards the end of the summer.

Crazy.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

They are selling 1gen glocks in the low to mid $300's now!

Ammo really is hit and miss, but I have seen the prices come down slightly from the Jan show last year after the Obama craze!

"I'm also going to try and sell a couple of shotguns."

Don't hold out on us... what do you have for sale?!? Don't ignore your INGO family.... family first man!:ingo:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    When ppl say crowded how crowded is it?? What is a good time to get there? which day?
    Not sure what to expect, but since it is the first one of the year, it may be ******* to elbow crowded. It also depends on the weather.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm planning on going down Friday more than likely. Get in early before the deals are gone. Although I'm mostly just looking for ammo, mags, and a few parts.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    When ppl say crowded how crowded is it?? What is a good time to get there? which day?

Shoulder to shoulder. I am usually either behind the disabled guy or the guy that didn't put on deodorant. Sometimes this is the same person. Horrible.

Get there when they open.

All three :D:rockwoot:

IndianaCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Indy-Southside
    "I'm also going to try and sell a couple of shotguns."

Don't hold out on us... what do you have for sale?!? Don't ignore your INGO family.... family first man!:ingo:

I was going to put them in the classifieds once I reached 50 posts (although I'm a site supporter as of a couple of days ago when I paid the fee), but here they are:

Ithaca Model 51 12 gauge Featherweight
    Remington 870 SP 12 gauge Super Mag Turkey Camo
    Thompson Center Scout muzzleloader

What am I supposed to do? Just carry them around the show? Have a buddy carry one? :):

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Shoulder to shoulder. I am usually either behind the disabled guy or the guy that didn't put on deodorant. Sometimes this is the same person. Horrible.

Get there when they open.

All three :D:rockwoot:
    The disabled guy has an excuse. The stinky guy does not.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If you have a buddy looking for 9mm practice ammo, see the post in the Indiana Supply Depot forum of this site. I believe Cwood is going to have 9mm ammunition from an Indiana manufacturer for sale there.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    One thing the 1500 fails to do is provide a table map of the vendors. There are few signs, banners, and flags to tell you who is who. It would be nice to know where to look for the folks I want to find, and know just who exactly I am dealing with when I buy something.

Top Bottom