Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

TomTom GPS POI file for Indiana Gun Shops and Ranges

I do a lot of traveling around Indiana, and I every once in awhile I like to go window shopping. Since my TomTom doesn't have gun shops or ranges, I decided to create my own Point-Of-Interest file. I'm posting it here for anyone else who might find it useful.

Gun Shops POI v112

I will update this thread any time I update the POI file. Currently, the database contains over 100 Indiana gun shops and ranges. I included sporting goods stores that carry AK/AR types like Dunham's and Gander Mountain, but excluded a few that are strictly hunting stores, like Dick's. I've also included phone numbers wherever possible.

In some cases, the coordinates I was able to track down were for the mailing address and not the actual physical location. Atterbury FWA is one example where the address is in town, but the range is a mile away. I've manually corrected them where possible, but if you come across one that's off, please let me know and I'll update it.

If your favorite gun shop or range wasn't included, please provide a street address and phone number and I'll add it. Actual addresses only, please. "The corner of 5th and Main, across from the post office in Podunk, IN" will not be added.

I can also provide the file in a small variety of other GPS formats, but as I only have a TomTom, I have no way to test to make sure it will work. If you want it, let me know, but you'll be on your own with it.

The DB is currently at version 112.
    Last edited by Scutter01; 02-05-2009 at 19:10.

Meh.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I have a Pioneer D3 head unit with GPS in my truck, and it would be awesome if you could upload your own POI, but they are dumb like that.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I have a TomTom and this will come in handy
    Freedom is defined by the character of those who defend it

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Thanks Scutter01. I have a Garmin handheld, but been thinking about a larger unit for the vehicles. I'll be looking at Tom Tom's now.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Plinker

User Info Menu

I appreciate this as i recently purchased a tom tom gps for my dodge. Thanks

User Info Menu

Thanks for organizing and sharing the file
    It's hotter than Hades down here.

Gosh I smell good.

no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

How much is a TomTom going to cost me?
    On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    How much is a TomTom going to cost me?
    You can get the lower end models for under $100 sometimes. The high-end ones push $500 or more. I picked up a TomTom One 3rd Ed. around Christmas last year for $125.

Meh.

no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

I need something under $200. Maybe I'll start a new thread in the break room
    On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

User Info Menu

There are deals all of the time for the Tom Tom One. I've seen them as low as $70 (from Radio Shack in June). They are out there right now for $130 up to $200.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast