• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    If we make the assumption that another awb is just around the corner, what guns should we buy up now? I've seen the draft of the new proposed awb stalled in congress and it seems to pretty well out law every gun under the sun.

My question is this, if we aren't going to be able to get some guns soon which ones should we buy now? My list..

1. Sig 556
    2. Ar-15s
    3. AKs
    4. FAL
    5. Cetme / G3
    6. Beretta ar-70b ( Never seen one, much less one for sale)

What else should be on the list and what is the priority (based on most likely to be banned vs most desirable) ?

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I'm not worried about buying newer weapons as I am about buying parts for what I have. I always want more but I have to draw the line somewhere. I'll agree with what you have listed and would probably add the FN PS90, MSAR 556, and the M1A. I'm just not going to let Could Be's drain my wallet now, who's to say they wouldn't try to ban ownership of said weapons. I'd hate to spend thousands then not even be able to enjoy them.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    One of the biggest items that should be on the list is hi-cap mags. I would think it's a pretty safe assumption that if there is a ban it would include them. Buy them up now while you can and they are cheap.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    My list isn't as large as that, but I am wanting to buy a couple more just in case (they were on the list anyway). I'm picking up another AR-15 (2 would be nice, but I've still gotta pay the bills) and a Glock 17. Actually, I'm trying to purchase ammunition, standard capacity magazines, and parts more than firearms. I'm also looking at a 1911 and 642, but those are lower priority purchases for now.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I want to get another ar15 lower and some more 30 round mags....but i have 3 gun related items to get before these....it will be another year or 2 before they would get it passed.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    One of the biggest items that should be on the list is hi-cap mags. I would think it's a pretty safe assumption that if there is a ban it would include them. Buy them up now while you can and they are cheap.

Yes absolutely. I only left it off the list because I already bought all I think I'll need. When the awb expiration was close I figured it would expire and then be renewed a few days later so I got on a bunch of those pre expiration order lists and stocked up.

Has anyone seen a siaga 12 lately? They seem to be all gone.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    it will be another year or 2 before they would get it passed.

That's a good point people should think about. I'm trying to get some potential AWB stuff too, but I'm not worried about getting it all before January 20th.

My :twocents:

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    I've pretty much decided to stay away from anything
    semi-auto 7.62Nato/.308.
    Seems, IMO, that's going to become a dinosaur and expensive
    (or impossible) to feed.

I agree that hi-capacity magazines would be priority.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Then only thing that I am doing is steering my purchases away from things that don't have hi-cap mags (shotguns, 1911's, bolt rifles, etc.). I will be able to buy these later when everything else is expensive.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I looking to get at least one more ar15 lower before November. I'm in the process of building my first, it's half way done, but I want to get a lot of magazines for them.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines

Yes absolutely. I only left it off the list because I already bought all I think I'll need. When the awb expiration was close I figured it would expire and then be renewed a few days later so I got on a bunch of those pre expiration order lists and stocked up.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Isn't it sad that we are even discussing, much less expecting another AWB? In 1967 we allow Congress to pass a law restricting manufacture or importation of "machine guns". In 1994 they pass a law restricting the cosmetic look of some "evil black rifles". Good Lord, our Founding Fathers would be ashamed of the lot of us for allowing our God-given rights to be stripped away so effortlessly.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Isn't it sad that we are even discussing, much less expecting another AWB? In 1967 we allow Congress to pass a law restricting manufacture or importation of "machine guns". In 1994 they pass a law restricting the cosmetic look of some "evil black rifles". Good Lord, our Founding Fathers would be ashamed of the lot of us for allowing our God-given rights to be stripped away so effortlessly.

Yes, they would. The problem is that many of those discussing a "new AWB" were already elected in and cannot be peacefully removed from office by the ballot box at this point in time. Too, the districts that have elected them seem to like the way they think.

To them, I quote Mr. Samuel Adams:

“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

Blessings,
    B

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm stocking up on Bayonet Lugs:lmfao:

Actualy I plan on picking up a couple of AR lowers and more ammo for everything I own. I would like to get a M1A but that requires a new size for ammo stocks. Right now I have that Limited to .223,.22,.380,.45 and 12ga.
    I'm not in a big rush but plan to do some shopping at the Indy 1500.

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    I'm stocking up on Bayonet Lugs:lmfao:

Actualy I plan on picking up a couple of AR lowers and more ammo for everything I own. I would like to get a M1A but that requires a new size for ammo stocks. Right now I have that Limited to .223,.22,.380,.45 and 12ga.
    I'm not in a big rush but plan to do some shopping at the Indy 1500.

Ah yes.. M1A is a good choice. I don't know if it would be evil enough to get banned but still would make a nice gun to have around.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    More AR related items, and a few lowers probably.
    If the next ban goes anything like the last one, the lowers will be of no use as assembling them into rifles of a banned configuration after the law goes into effect would be illegal.

Top Bottom