• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    I was just wondering if people on this forum was intrested in doing group buys with the election coming up and all was just interested to see if any was interested i was thinking like lowers optics and ammo and stuff :dunno::do2:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am not sure that anyone here has the resources to make that happen. Depending on the product, the organizer would almost need to be a dealer or have an "in" with the company that we wanted product from. There was rumblings of an Ammo group buy a few months ago, but the prices were not very friendly and it kinda turned into a pissing match.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I have been told that to get any kind of better deal on ammo, that you would need to buy it by the train car load.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have been told that to get any kind of better deal on ammo, that you would need to buy it by the train car load.

That may be an accurate statement. We should be able to do a group buy on something like AR lowers or something. All we'd need is a dealer or shop to volunteer to help us out, presuming they had a good relationship with one of the manufacturers...

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    That may be an accurate statement. We should be able to do a group buy on something like AR lowers or something. All we'd need is a dealer or shop to volunteer to help us out, presuming they had a good relationship with one of the manufacturers...
    I think it would mostly depend on what kind of lowers people would want and would be willing to accept for the price.

I talked to Brad at CDC, and he quoted me a decent price, out the door, for 8+ lowers. I haven't had the chance to pick any up yet, but he could be an option, depending on what lowers people would want.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    As far as the ammo group buy went, my take was that we didn't locate a reliable source for ammunition that carried name brand NIB ammo at a reasonable price in the caliber & quantities that we wanted. Karl was helping out :thumbsup: but we had several newbies who read the group buy post and wanted to sell us ammo at higher than we could buy it individually prices. I'm sure that there are several members still very interested.

9MM
    357 mag
    40 S&W
    45acp
    7.62X39
    30 cal

etc

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I think it would mostly depend on what kind of lowers people would want and would be willing to accept for the price.

I talked to Brad at CDC, and he quoted me a decent price, out the door, for 8+ lowers. I haven't had the chance to pick any up yet, but he could be an option, depending on what lowers people would want.

Hell, if you wouldn't mind talking to Brad again, see if he might want to help us out. I would buy anothe Superior lower or two. I'm sure we could get 20 or so sold. See if he would be interested in helping us do this group buy.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Since I've moved away from the big city I do not make
    the gun store circuit anymore but I bet that a shop or FFL
    who had decent connections would or could facilitate
    a decent priced group ammo buy of NIB brass cased
    ammo for us. Need some folks to talk this up with their
    favorite gun store. I could see this easily being a
    20-30 thousand round purchase.
    Case lots only, cash up front - I'm in :patriot:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    A group of my hunting friends have done group buys from Black Hills and Wisconsin Cartridge, getting accurate ammo at good prices, and having quality brass to reload. We usually look at 10K rounds plus of the follwing calibers, depending on how many guys respond to the purchase, .222 / .223 / 22-250 / .204 / 22 Swift. I'll post here when we're doing it again, usually the January/Feb timeframe. I would be interested in an ammo purchase for 10mm or 40cal for the Glocks.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    A group of my hunting friends have done group buys from Black Hills and Wisconsin Cartridge, getting accurate ammo at good prices, and having quality brass to reload. We usually look at 10K rounds plus of the following calibers, depending on how many guys respond to the purchase, .222 / .223 / 22-250 / .204 / 22 Swift. I'll post here when we're doing it again, usually the January/Feb time frame. I would be interested in an ammo purchase for 10mm or 40cal for the Glocks.

Thanks for the reply, 223 would interest me but I hate to wait until next year when everything in the gun world may be on hold. Are other calibers available?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    www.wisconsincartridge.com

The Wisconsin product has given us very good accuracy with our rifles, both bolt and AR platforms, and excellent brass for those who reload. Black hills is cheaper when we buy bulk, but not accurate enough for prarie dog shooting. With a large order, you can request a moly bullet, varmint tip, or a different bullet weight. They have been a joy to do business with.

I have a second home in Wisconsin, so picking it up saves the shipping costs. If you are doing a big buy, please let me know, I'll haul for you.

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    Well why dont we see what everyone is intrested in mainly to see if we can get a group buy going like lowers or ammo or optics first everone meet in the middle and see what suits most people best and try to get something together to see how it goes the first time around then we could possibly see about a sec and third order for other things

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well why dont we see what everyone is intrested in mainly to see if we can get a group buy going like lowers or ammo or optics first everone meet in the middle and see what suits most people best and try to get something together to see how it goes the first time around then we could possibly see about a sec and third order for other things

The "." button is your friend...;)

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    more ammo

"Thanks for the reply, 223 would interest me but I hate to wait until next year when everything in the gun world may be on hold. Are other calibers available?"

4Sarge, I'll order another 2000 rounds of either 22-250 or 223 a few months early to get the ball rolling, and call my hunting group and see who else wants to join on this order.
    What else are you interested in?
    Who else want to do a 1000 pcs buy (minimum) of 22-250 or 223 in the 55 grain V-Max by Labor day, 2008. Let's see what kind of numbers we can see in the next 3 weeks.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    "Thanks for the reply, 223 would interest me but I hate to wait until next year when everything in the gun world may be on hold. Are other calibers available?"

4Sarge, I'll order another 2000 rounds of either 22-250 or 223 a few months early to get the ball rolling, and call my hunting group and see who else wants to join on this order.
    What else are you interested in?
    Who else want to do a 1000 pcs buy (minimum) of 22-250 or 223 in the 55 grain V-Max by Labor day, 2008. Let's see what kind of numbers we can see in the next 3 weeks.

I have interest in 9mm, 357, 7.62X39, 30 cal, 223, 308 could buy some, part or all of one caliber

Thanks

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    Yeah I could go for sum 223 if the price i right and sum 30 carb to I am also intrested in like and aimpoint or eotech to i am sure if we got in touch with them with say a 50 or 100 order they will cut us a deal hopefully lol i have done sum business with ammo to go before maybe they would cut us some deals on ammo everything i got has been quailty stuff check it out at ammunitiontogo.com

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The "." button is your friend...;)
    I'm guessing we're just old now. I think the "texting generation" is the culprit. It's hard to find a graceful way to tell them that their posts are difficult to read and that lack of concern for an attempt at punctuation makes them look, well less than intelligent.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I am just inside the texting generation, I think a good start is a PM with something along the lines, "I don't mean to be rude, but . . ." Most people are somewhat receptive to feedback if given in a private non-embarrassing manner. I think a PM is a good start and can go public if need be later. I agree though with the lack of punctuation and grammar. I sometimes feel like my head is going to spin reading some posts.

Top Bottom