• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    When I lived in Florida I used to go to the local Bass Pro Shop quite often and I often saw different groups giving away free gun locks. Do they do that around here in the Indy area? I thought it was a great idea.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have a small box of them I was going to offer anyone in need of some but I guess they can get them on their own locally.

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    Most Sherriff Departments has the yellow cable locks some where. Our little county has them in abundance. As our 4-H Shooting Sports leader, I tend to get two boxes at a time to give out. Almost have to sneak them into car to get rid of them. I think I have a part of a box yet to get rid of.:rolleyesedit:

Indiana DNR Law Enforcement Divsion District 3 (Lafayette) had them to give away also at one time.

Last year, IIRC, at Dick's Sporting Goods (Lafayette), they had a big box van with the free gun locks painted on the side and were giving them away inside. I even remember a group giving them away at Walmart once.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    What a horrible f*cking idea! I had a bunch that I threw away because I thought that giving them to someone for free would do them a disservice; especially, the manuals that come with them which urge people to always have the guns locked until at the range.

Sorry, I'm a tad grumpy; I just woke up.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Most Sherriff Departments has the yellow cable locks some where. Our little county has them in abundance. As our 4-H Shooting Sports leader, I tend to get two boxes at a time to give out. Almost have to sneak them into car to get rid of them. I think I have a part of a box yet to get rid of.:rolleyesedit:

Indiana DNR Law Enforcement Divsion District 3 (Lafayette) had them to give away also at one time.

Last year, IIRC, at Dick's Sporting Goods (Lafayette), they had a big box van with the free gun locks painted on the side and were giving them away inside. I even remember a group giving them away at Walmart once.
    They did, you're right.. I got a couple that day. I use them when I travel to lock my lockbox to my suitcase so my gun stays in there til it gets where I'm going. :)

NSSF and a DOJ grant fund this... our tax dollars at work. :noway:

Blessings,
    B

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    I had every 4-Her who took one (or two) promise not to use it as a bicycle lock. I think they (the yellow cable locks) are all keyed alike. If not there is only a few differnt key combinations. Real security anybody that has one has keys for all. :noway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I had every 4-Her who took one (or two) promise not to use it as a bicycle lock. I think they (the yellow cable locks) are all keyed alike. If not there is only a few differnt key combinations. Real security anybody that has one has keys for all. :noway:
    Must just be a few, then, because the ones I got were keyed differently. FWIW.:twocents:

Blessings,
    B

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I RECENTLY VISITED THE SHELBY COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE TO APPLY FOR MY PTCH AND ON THE SHERIFFS SERVICE WINDOW, THERE WAS A SIGN ADVERTISING FREE GUN LOCKS AVAILABLE IF YOU NEED ONE.

Top Bottom