• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Well, i am in Tennessee for the next couple of days visiting my dads. We went shooting yesterday and had a blast. I finally got my AR15 sighted in on iron sights. Sighted it in at 250 yards. I also got Ashylarrys Winchester 270 sighted in.

I also shot a gun that bruised my shoulder. My dad has a Winchester ? lever action gun that is calibered in 45-70 govt. Damn that thing packed a punch.

We shot all kinds of guns, i think around 15 out to shoot. In all we had a bunch of fun. The shooting range has a little problem though, you cant kill the animals. That doesnt sound bad does it....it is when you have a group of 10 deer just walk across the range at about 100-150 yards away. It is so tempting to get one and take it back for food. The deer are not phased by the gun shots at all and dont care :): Also had 6 turkey walk by at about 25 yards :):

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Well, i am in Tennessee for the next couple of days visiting my dads. We went shooting yesterday and had a blast. I finally got my AR15 sighted in on iron sights. Sighted it in at 250 yards. I also got Ashylarrys Winchester 270 sighted in.

I also shot a gun that bruised my shoulder. My dad has a Winchester ? lever action gun that is calibered in 45-70 govt. Damn that thing packed a punch.

We shot all kinds of guns, i think around 15 out to shoot. In all we had a bunch of fun. The shooting range has a little problem though, you cant kill the animals. That doesnt sound bad does it....it is when you have a group of 10 deer just walk across the range at about 100-150 yards away. It is so tempting to get one and take it back for food. The deer are not phased by the gun shots at all and dont care :): Also had 6 turkey walk by at about 25 yards :):
    Dads? Is there something you failed to mention...? :gheyhi:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My dad also has a Marling in .45-70 (the Guide Gun). He likes to load 'em hot too. Makes me wish for an 18" 12 gauge with 3" magnums just to give my shoulder a rest.

Damn nice gun though and I feel very sorry for whatever finds itself on the other end of that thing. The guy he bought it from used it once for hog hunting and it went straight through it...... lengthwise!

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    My dad also has a Marling in .45-70 (the Guide Gun). He likes to load 'em hot too. Makes me wish for an 18" 12 gauge with 3" magnums just to give my shoulder a rest.

Damn nice gun though and I feel very sorry for whatever finds itself on the other end of that thing. The guy he bought it from used it once for hog hunting and it went straight through it...... lengthwise!

That is what it is for :do2:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That is what it is for :do2:

My dad is not a hunter, just a shooter. He highly enjoys the big boom. I have to give it to him. He can actually shoot the effing thing (as in hit what he is aiming at). I flinch like crazy whenever I shoot that thing. It is up there with the .500mag for me. Too much gun.

Top Bottom