• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Trunk weapon... what would you do, I'm thinking a tufloc trunk mount with a Mossberg 500 with some or all loads being less than lethal rubber balls, or a Mosin-Nagant with a shorter barrel attached to the spare with a bicycle lock.

Now that starting July 1 FedEx can't keep me from carrying to and from work, I have no excuses not to have a dedicated trunk weapon (which realistically I'll never need, but would rather have it and not need it than need it and get dead)... although in a natural disaster it might just been needed and would be one less thing to worry about tossing in the car when evacuating.

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    How about one of these?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfMUGsniJ8"]YouTube - Trunk Monkey Part 1[/ame]

Jess

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    97   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    rm, could you fabricate a mount and put it on the trunk lid? That would make it fast and easy to get to. How about some industrial strength velcro if you already have holes that could be used?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Trunk weapon... what would you do, I'm thinking a tufloc trunk mount with a Mossberg 500 with some or all loads being less than lethal rubber balls, or a Mosin-Nagant with a shorter barrel attached to the spare with a bicycle lock.

Now that starting July 1 FedEx can't keep me from carrying to and from work, I have no excuses not to have a dedicated trunk weapon (which realistically I'll never need, but would rather have it and not need it than need it and get dead)... although in a natural disaster it might just been needed and would be one less thing to worry about tossing in the car when evacuating.

IMHO, if it comes to the point that you need to grab a gun out of your trunk, you're beyond needing less-than-lethal. I'd just stick with a "shootin gun".

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Right now I don't have a trunk gun in any of the vehicles I drive, but have thought about putting an M44 behind the seat of the truck. My biggest concern about a trunk/truck gun is that if the vehicle is broken in to, I would not want to contribute a weapon to the scum element in society. An M44 would be a handy truck gun if it ever came down to needing one and if stolen would probably not find its way into a robbery or drive-by shooting.

My guess is that a stolen M44 would most likely find its way to a pawn shop before it would be used for a crime.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Right now I don't have a trunk gun in any of the vehicles I drive, but have thought about putting an M44 behind the seat of the truck. My biggest concern about a trunk/truck gun is that if the vehicle is broken in to, I would not want to contribute a weapon to the scum element in society. An M44 would be a handy truck gun if it ever came down to needing one and if stolen would probably not find its way into a robbery or drive-by shooting.

My guess is that a stolen M44 would most likely find its way to a pawn shop before it would be used for a crime.

I don't really see a banger doing a car jacking or robbing a gas station with the M44:n00b: I do agree completely with the thought of contributing to scum though.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Mosins are great guns, but are lacking versatility and a quick follow up shots. So, I say go with the Mossy. If you can find one, the ones with the maritime finish would be just about perfect.

It could be used in a drive-by bayoneting,. Just saying'. ;)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't get the point of "less lethal" ammo for self defense. If your life is in danger justifying the use of deadly force, why use something that may not stop the attack?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Shotty sounds good to me, but I would (and do) leave the "less than lethal" to the SWAT guys. Of course when they deploy less than lethal they always have at least 1 cover guy that is covering them with a lethal option.

As was said, if I have to pull a gun (be it a "truck" gun or my CC gun) than I am in fear for my life.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

Hence the trunk mount... it's bolted to the car, and locks the weapon in place... if they steal my car, it'll prove to be a more dangerous weapon than the weapon in the trunk.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Less than lethal has it's benefits..

Loved one getting kicked/stomped/beaten to death by a group of people, rubber rounds reduce the risk of me hurting loved one, and help resolve the situation or at least get the focus on me.

Wild animals.

Fact is, if I have time to get out of the car, walk to my trunk, open it, unlock the weapon, and present it... the situation obviously didn't require me to draw my handgun, so it probably doesn't warrant standard ammunition... not to mention, most shotgun rounds are going to go through who you shoot, and continue past them quite a way unless you are bird shot which is still going to give the attacker plenty of time to close the distance between the two of you and possibly harm you to the point of death... anything capable of putting them down in that first shot or two, is going to sail right through them and unless you've got them against a concrete wall, chances are someone else is getting hit by that round, probably someone innocent.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Less than lethal has it's benefits..

Loved one getting kicked/stomped/beaten to death by a group of people, rubber rounds reduce the risk of me hurting loved one, and help resolve the situation or at least get the focus on me.

Fact is, if I have time to get out of the car, walk to my trunk, open it, unlock the weapon, and present it... the situation obviously didn't require me to draw my handgun, so it probably doesn't warrant standard ammunition... not to mention, most shotgun rounds are going to go through who you shoot, and continue past them quite a way unless you are bird shot which is still going to give the attacker plenty of time to close the distance between the two of you and possibly harm you to the point of death... anything capable of putting them down in that first shot or two, is going to sail right through them and unless you've got them against a concrete wall, chances are someone else is getting hit by that round, probably someone innocent.

Truth is, if the situation doesn't warrant standard ammunition, then you're not justified in using a firearm. You're worried about 12g buckshot over penetrating, but not a Mosin?

Also, you would prefer to defend your loved ones "getting kicked/stomped/beaten to death by a group of people" with RUBBER rounds?!?!?!?!?
    Get yourself a can od OC spray and stop carrying firearm if you're not prepared to use it.

You could always keep an unloaded Mossy in the trunk and repeatedly rack it until the threat runs away in terror...

Top Bottom