• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Going to Atterbury where I can sight in my SKS and put a few rounds down range with my Kel-Tec and my Baby Eagle!

:rockwoot:

I know most people work Wed's and all but if anyone gets an itch to go shoot, I'm inviting people to go. I have a minivan that I can fit 6 more people in to carpool with. Maybe have a pitch-in on 9mm and 762x39mm ammo for those who share the same caliber guns... Afterwards we can go grab a bite to eat or just head home or whatever. I don't expect many people can get the day off so I'm just throwing this out there. I figure since the 1500's in town some people will be itching to test out new equipment and such. :ar15:

So there we go. There's my invite to Atterbury. I figure 2-3 hours on the range. Just let me know who's down, who can't go, whatever. :dunno:

:cheers:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I may take you up on that. That is one of the day's I have off. I'm a one only gun owner G23 but I would love to see some other guns in action.

What is the cost to get into that place? Never been there before.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    7.50/hr with a minimun of 2hours. so 15 dollars minimum. They have ear plugs for $.50 if you forget your hearing protection like I did last time. They also sell targets should you run out...

I plan on leaving Indy about 930-10am to be down there when they open @ 11am. First to get there gets the best lanes/service. Those guys are pretty cool. I also like the 1 sec. between shots rule. Allows for better shot-to-shot practice. Although if you would rather blast through a mag as fast as you can, you can always go to dons guns for 14.50 for 30 mins....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    sounds good.

Also, I am asking everyone chip in on the gas. Going in on ammo is optional! :D I'm not sure where everyone lives, but I live by the airport. We can discuss meeting places. Preferably somewhere fairly safe to leave your vehicle. I usually go down 135 to Ninevah to get to the range, but I can go I65 if we were to meet in Greenwood. It's all up to you guys.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Only one taker? Pami, Lars? Mike? No one else? So far it's me, Tink, and Doc.

I know Wednsday is a bad day, but it's the only day I have off besides Thursday and I can't afford to take another day off for 6 months until my "points" come off my record. Although if I get a job at FedEx then I won't mind....

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I think it's the mini van, totally uncool man, :D

I would go in a heartbeat as I have never been down that way but I can't justify taking day off, not worth the grief from the ball and chain..:n00b:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, the damn tinkerbell sticker in the back kinda puts a damper on things too, but being loaded down with firepower kinda makes up for it...

Bring the old ball and chain with you! Besides, she'll getta see that yer not going out drinking, womanizing, or robbing banks, etc....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Apparently thats why they call us the moment we get to our car after work.... Must be that darned woman-dar they have...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Sorry Savage :(

It's my only day off next week, and after spending 3 days at the 1500 this weekend, I'm going to be gunned out for a week or three.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sorry Savage :(

It's my only day off next week, and after spending 3 days at the 1500 this weekend, I'm going to be gunned out for a week or three.

That's a shame. You'd get to see Natalie (hopefully) pumping rounds through an SKS for the very first time! :rockwoot:

I'd really like to find someone with some land where we can practice defensive technics, draw-aim-shoot, and stuff like multipule target practice.

I know I can't spell. I gave up a long time ago.:coffee:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry, I'm going to have to back out. My wonderful Ex has decided that she wants me to have my son during the week now. I'm not at all complaining but as of now I'm not going to be able to get a babysitter for him. Sorry again was really looking forward to it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thats great! If me and Natalie were to ever split, that would be the greatest thing in the world! Hopefully my kids don't ever have to be put in that situation. Either way I'm happy for you! You should bring him along, make it a family trip! :D That's ok though. I figured I'd be going it alone with it being Wed. anyway. :p If things change just let me know!

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Like I said not at all complaining. I enjoy every minute with him. And I would love to bring him along. Only one tad problem, He's only three and I feel our lives would be in danger if he held a gun. I have to admit though he is smart. He has one of those fake guns and he knows how to "pretend" to slide the mag in and cock the gun. It's quite funny. But yea if I can get my mother or someone to watch him I'll go but the forecast is not looking great.

Thats great! If me and Natalie were to ever split, that would be the greatest thing in the world! Hopefully my kids don't ever have to be put in that situation. Either way I'm happy for you! You should bring him along, make it a family trip! :D That's ok though. I figured I'd be going it alone with it being Wed. anyway. :p If things change just let me know!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    hey man it's all good. My son is three too, but I wouldn't trust him with a nerf gun! He has three older sisters that pick on him alot so he gets a bit rambunkious. Hey, go enjoy your son, that's whats really important. I see mine everyday and I feel blessed. Spend as much time as you can with him. I know break-ups can be hard on a kid, even if they're not old enough to understand.

I don't forsee filling my van with people yet so I'm sure if things change there'll be a seat still open!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I also like the 1 sec. between shots rule. Allows for better shot-to-shot practice.

How can you get better at shooting fast if they do not allow you to do it? If the sights are on target then it is time to press the trigger. How do they monitor something like that? Why would they? :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How can you get better at shooting fast if they do not allow you to do it? If the sights are on target then it is time to press the trigger. How do they monitor something like that? Why would they? :dunno:

You have a great point, but most ranges I've been to, besides Don's, is somewhere around 3 seconds between shots. Which is why I'm so desperately looking for someone with land near the West side of Indy so we can blast away til the ammo is gone... But I'll settle for Atterbury.:patriot:

I wish I had weekends off. If we can schedule something in about 3-4 weeks I could probably get the day off. I hate Chinese companies. They don't give a crap about their employees.

Top Bottom