A sign of the times? MCSports has stripped lowers now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    So I stopped by to look and talk with Mr. Stipp @ Bloomington's MCSports and what are they carrying now: Bushmaster and Doublestar stripped AR-15 lowers!

I was shocked and talked with him about it and the theory is that right now most sales are black rifles and they are testing the lowers market. The stock is small, but still, I was surprised. A big box store with stripped lowers....

Go figure!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Not that great/bad:

Doublestar $119
    Bushmaster $199

The Bushmaster was packerized, the doublestar was smooth. I almost bought up the doublestar (no shipping, etc) but just sold an Ak to pay bills, so I am on parole with the family finances right now...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If they think they are going to get $199 for a stripped Bushy lower, they must be smokin' the good stuff....

ETA: I guess $199 is about the going price for a Bushy, but I wouldn't pay that for one...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    If they think they are going to get $199 for a stripped Bushy lower, they must be smokin' the good stuff....

ETA: I guess $199 is about the going price for a Bushy, but I wouldn't pay that for one...

Yeah, we talked about that. Looking side by side there is a slight difference beyond coating, but nothing worth $80. I would not pay $199 for a lower, well not today. A few years from now given election results and....

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yeah, we talked about that. Looking side by side there is a slight difference beyond coating, but nothing worth $80. I would not pay $199 for a lower, well not today. A few years from now given election results and....

'tis a good thing I stocked up during the group buy!!!:rockwoot:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Good to see them selling lowers, but that Bushy seems a bit expensive to me.

On a side note, you ever get the 9mm AK fixed Josh? Also, you happen to see any used/cheap 22s there? Been trying to make it out there, but I've got a crap ton to do. Thanks :D

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    I like spending money at places that have things like this because none of the shops around here have stripped receivers. Maybe I'll pop in a grab a doublestar.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    AAC in Moorseville periodically gets stripped lowers. They usually have DPMS and/or Sabre Defense. The Sabres are pretty (awesome finish, though might be hard to match).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I like spending money at places that have things like this because none of the shops around here have stripped receivers. Maybe I'll pop in a grab a doublestar.

I have to admit that I considered buying the doublestar and selling my CMMG only because I like the icon on the side better.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Wow, I'd love to get s doublestar lower and that is a decent price for one imo. Budsgunshop has them for $99, but then you pay for the transfer so you'd save like $10.

Nice to know, I may stop in and take a look at them, thank for the heads up! I can actually walk to MC from my house, nice to be so dang close. My wife does not agree....

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I have to admit that I considered buying the doublestar and selling my CMMG only because I like the icon on the side better.

Aimsurplus.com sells Doublestar and Aero Precision lowers for 99.95 and Superior arms for 79.95 and CMMG lowers for 113.95. With the transfer through Ernie, you'd be pretty good price wise. It could also give you an excuse to pick up a few new surplus guns too if you need em :D

AIM Receivers Receivers :rockwoot:

ETA: Or you could pick up a Spike's Tactical Pistol lower on the ARFCOM group buy for 100 and build an AR pistol :)

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    I have a Double Star lower, and just love mine. You just can`t go wrong with a Double Star for the price. Also I really like there logo on the side. IMO the best on the market.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Its guys like you that make guys like me feel normal..

:rockwoot:

The sad thing is, I kinda did it. I traded the CMMG lower + some other stuff for a completed DMPS lower with a really nice LMT collapsing stock. I like the animal motif I have going on (bushmaster + DMPS).

My wife is going to come home some day and find me and the kids "coloring" the lowers with those special pens! :D

Top Bottom