• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    It says on the Indiana Shooting Ranges map that Don's Guns is a place to avoid. I do not know anything about Don's. I recall some of his commericals. He struck me as a shady character. Hope someone can fill me in.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I don't live in Indy, but there's been plenty of folks on this forum who advise staying away from them.

I have seen some of his commercials though. Scary.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't live in Indy, but there's been plenty of folks on this forum who advise staying away from them.

I have seen some of his commercials though. Scary.

God help me, but I love his commercials. You won't catch me spending a dime in there. You won't catch me stepping foot in there, for that matter.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Personal experience

Many years ago, IPD was going to rehab their small indoor range in the basement of the City-County Bldg. I was recovering from surgery on light-duty in Planning & Research. I was given the responsibility to arrange to look over the target carriers and bullet traps at local indoor ranges. There were a couple more at the time. All the others were very cooperative. Mr. Davis (Don, for those who don't know) told me on the phone, "I don't want no f^$%ing cops in my store". OK, by me. I've cooperated with him totally and would continue to do so even if his was the only gun store in Indiana. He could have just said no thanks. That's within his rights but that's apparently not the nature of the beast! Also, for those who don't know, he's been in the news several times speaking against gun shows.

Cliff Notes version: I think he's an ass!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If he weren't reputedly shady... not personally verified but widely held view.

If he weren't extremely overpriced... personally verified (laughed all the way out the door!)

If he weren't a little creepy... understatement but still personal opinion...

He'd still be an a$$:cool:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If he weren't reputedly shady... not personally verified but widely held view.

If he weren't extremely overpriced... personally verified (laughed all the way out the door!)

If he weren't a little creepy... understatement but still personal opinion...

He'd still be an a$$:cool:

OK, now I am wondering if Stan(Rajo's) has two identities.:scratch:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd LOVE to know if the urban myth of him being a former "heavy" for the UAW/Jimmy Hoffa is true or not... :whistle:

39 35'18.00"

86 10'09.07"

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I just see Don's as the highest probability of any local Indy gun shop for someone just shopping there to get shot. Don't know why I get that feeling, but I did when I saw the other people around me in there. But as with others, I laughed out the door when I saw prices, so there is no reason to bother going in there.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    He also is in favor of AWBs, but will gladly sell you a beat up WASR-10 for $900. ;)

He is everything the Brady Campaign thinks all gun dealers are.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Thanks for the Info

Many years ago, IPD was going to rehab their small indoor range in the basement of the City-County Bldg. I was recovering from surgery on light-duty in Planning & Research. I was given the responsibility to arrange to look over the target carriers and bullet traps at local indoor ranges. There were a couple more at the time. All the others were very cooperative. Mr. Davis (Don, for those who don't know) told me on the phone, "I don't want no f^$%ing cops in my store". OK, by me. I've cooperated with him totally and would continue to do so even if his was the only gun store in Indiana. He could have just said no thanks. That's within his rights but that's apparently not the nature of the beast! Also, for those who don't know, he's been in the news several times speaking against gun shows.

Cliff Notes version: I think he's an ass!
    I want to thank-you for the info. He is a real ass for sure.
    I would never go there just from seeing him on tv.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The one and only time I ever went there*, I watched several different people come out of the range at different times to buy more ammo. Carrying their gun. Without pointing the barrel in a safe direction (waving it around, even). With fingers on the trigger.

*Like punching a clown. It's just something you do so you can say you did it.

Top Bottom