Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Grandmaster melensdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Outside Lowellabama
    Posts
    18,477
    Quote Originally Posted by turnandshoot4 View Post
    I see what you did there. How much was a loaf of bread when Washington was in office?

    How does this compare to the Bush years?
    Well it depends on how you measure it. If you measure it in pennies or dollars you will find that there may be some level of parity that is not too far out of whack, however if you measure it in what the dollar is WORTH in gold you will likely there is a huge disparity. As the value of the dollar falls compared to any measurable commodity that remains modestly stable you find that value is what you want to compare, not absolute cost.

    The reason for this is simple. A $100 suit from the early 1800's is probably comparable to a $2500 suit today. But a suit worth 2 ounces of gold in the early 1800's and is comparable to a suit that is worth 2 ounces of gold today.

    So when you ask for comparisons you need to actually compare value or worth, not an arbitrary number of dollars that float in value as fiat currency that is not based on a commodity.

  2. #22
    Shooter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hamilton County
    Posts
    19,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Liberty View Post
    My only issue with your statement is the foreign war part, you cant compare leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq to the massive amount of money bush pumped into that country and war.
    Furthermore, Obama inherited that war and now has an obligation to finish it.
    Just like we all do as a nation, since it is our fault we went there to begin with. By our I do mean the citizens of our country, most of us knew the WMD's were bogus, and even if they weren't I would at least like to believe that the majority of us would've liked to get Bin laden first and foremost.
    Wasn't my fault we went to Iraq. I, and many other people spoke out against that particular bit of adventurism before it even got off the ground. Spoke out against it while we were there, too. Didn't enable it by voting for Bush either. I don't buy into collectivism, nor do I buy into collective guilt.

  3. #23
    The Obamatard took all the debt racked up under 8 years of the Bush administration, and promptly doubled it.
    Yes, true. But remember that Bush was also a supporter of TARP and the other kinds of 'stimulus' crud; exactly the same policies that the Obamatard is using to flush money down the drain. If for whatever reason W had a third term, I believe we would be pretty much exactly where we are right now.

    Bush doubled the deficit he inherited. Obama doubled the one he inherited. So tell me again how exactly is Bush our paragon of fiscal responsibility?
    Watch this web video TODAY: http://www.iousathemovie.com/

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by antsi View Post
    Yes, true. But remember that Bush was also a supporter of TARP and the other kinds of 'stimulus' crud; exactly the same policies that the Obamatard is using to flush money down the drain. If for whatever reason W had a third term, I believe we would be pretty much exactly where we are right now.
    Except for that TRILLION DOLLAR health care thing that we're now on the hook for. They don't call it "Bushcare", do they? Only Obama gets to be the eponym for that stupid and expensive piece of... legislation.
    In God we trust. Everyone else... Keep your hands where I can see them.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TRWXXA View Post
    Except for that TRILLION DOLLAR health care thing that we're now on the hook for. They don't call it "Bushcare", do they? Only Obama gets to be the eponym for that stupid and expensive piece of... legislation.
    Sorry, but that doesn't play into your argument very well because Obamacare is projected as a $1 trillion unfunded liability, whereas Bush's Medicaid prescription drug plan is a $5.5 trillion unfunded liability.

    The title of this thread is not "Obama is fiscally responsible." The title is "Bush was no fiscal conservative," which is patently true.

    Again, no fan of Obama here - he's the worst fiscal president in US history. I guess you Bush fans have a lot to thank him for, though, because courtesy of Obama, Bush is only the second worst fiscal president in US history instead of being the absolute worst.
    Watch this web video TODAY: http://www.iousathemovie.com/

  6. #26
    Grandmaster rambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    18,747
    We MUST lose the mentality that criticizing Bush means you like Obama, and criticizing Obama means you like Bush.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    We MUST lose the mentality that criticizing Bush means you like Obama, and criticizing Obama means you like Bush.
    Amen.

    But what if you want to criticize them both?

    Better yet, tar and feather?
    Watch this web video TODAY: http://www.iousathemovie.com/

  8. #28
    Grandmaster rambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    18,747
    Quote Originally Posted by antsi View Post
    Amen.

    But what if you want to criticize them both?

    Better yet, tar and feather?
    That's the whole point of my thread!

  9. #29
    Master groovatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    calumet township
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    We MUST lose the mentality that criticizing Bush means you like Obama, and criticizing Obama means you like Bush.

    Agreed!

    They both suck......in a big way! I will talk about how I despise the pair of them all day long. It's been awhile, so I'm gonna say it..........

    RON PAUL

  10. #30
    Grandmaster IndyBeerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    5,857
    Folks while this is amusing, I think we're missing the bigger point of it all.

    People can biotch about Bush all they want, the first six years of his presidency spending was not that bad.

    The last two years of Bush's term and the first 19 months of Obama has been a Democratic controlled Congress.

    Bush couldn't stop them, and Obama only enabled them and encouraged them to spend it like there was no tomorrow.

    Point at congress first with Bush, then point at Obama and Congress secondly.

    Butthurt (*)......It happens a lot here on INGO, get over it if it happens to you.

    Never in my life have I seen a President King spew more BS than Obama,
    well there was this guy named George III, we all know how that worked out.




Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •