• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigsoldier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Bloomington
    I've been reading about Codex Alimentarius for awhile now. As someone who supports local farmers, I can't even imagine the consequences if something like this were to go into effect.
    Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds
    Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seeds

by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) Senate Bill 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, has been called "the most dangerous bill in the history of the United States of America." It would grant the U.S. government new authority over the public's right to grow, trade and transport any foods. This would give Big brother the power to regulate the tomato plants in your backyard. It would grant them the power to arrest and imprison people selling cucumbers at farmer's markets. It would criminalize the transporting of organic produce if you don't comply with the authoritarian rules of the federal government.

"It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one's choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God." - Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower (http://shivchopra.com/?page_id=2)

This tyrannical law puts all food production (yes, even food produced in your own garden) under the authority of the Department of Homeland Security. Yep -- the very same people running the TSA and its naked body scanner / passenger groping programs.

This law would also give the U.S. government the power to arrest any backyard food producer as a felon (a "smuggler") for merely growing lettuce and selling it at a local farmer's market.

It also sells out U.S. sovereignty over our own food supply by ceding to the authority of both the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Codex Alimentarius.

It would criminalize seed saving (http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/20...), turning backyard gardeners who save heirloom seeds into common criminals. This is obviously designed to give corporations like Monsanto a monopoly over seeds.

It would create an unreasonable paperwork burden that would put small food producers out of business, resulting in more power over the food supply shifting to large multinational corporations.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would be surprised if this bill even passed. There is no way the government would get away with that.

Last edited:

Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been watching this closely. This would put growers my size out of business, IMHO. It would make a culture for huge corporate growers, already huge companies like monsanto even bigger, and kill all of us medium size regional growers.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just think, if this long running attempt to make home gardeners into felons, why not. Since having a tomato plant would make me a felon I might as well get the government's monies worth (my taxes) and build a machine gun. Why not, once a felon, always a felon, so if a tomato plant makes me a felon, I might as well go out big!

Time to write our two wonderful senators again. Being that Bayh is on his way out might give him reason to vote it down as he is pretty mad with the democrats, but Lugar will probably do all he can to help democrats, forgetting that he represents a predominantly farming state.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I think it's time to write a different kind of letter to our senators.

I really hope this passes. It's amusing, especially amusing on INGO, when someone says "the government would/could never do that". Why couldn't they? What did they do with all of your other rights? They've locked them in a closet and told you they don't exist. We don't have a right to free speech, the right to keep and bear arms, the right to privacy, or any other rights the Bill of Rights makes deadly clear that we have as Americans. Want to do American a proper favor? Call your representatives and urge those morons to vote YES. Then maybe a few more people will wake up from their American dream.

These words don't have a one-time use only policy, America.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world."

sigsoldier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Bloomington
    I think it's time to write a different kind of letter to our senators.

I really hope this passes. It's amusing, especially amusing on INGO, when someone says "the government would/could never do that". Why couldn't they? What did they do with all of your other rights? They've locked them in a closet and told you they don't exist. We don't have a right to free speech, the right to keep and bear arms, the right to privacy, or any other rights the Bill of Rights makes deadly clear that we have as Americans. Want to do American a proper favor? Call your representatives and urge those morons to vote YES. Then maybe a few more people will wake up from their American dream.

Right on... Most Americans are content to just live out their days in the matrix and remain oblivious to everything.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You people don't think they will? I don't know who is more delusional, some people here on INGO or those in DC. :xmad:

Lugar voted in favor of bringing it to a vote earlier today. Call his treasonous ass!
    Richard Lugar:
    Washington, D.C. 306 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20510-1401
    (202) 224-4814 p
    (202) 228-0360 f
    map

Bayh voted to bring it to a vote as well. Unlike Lugar, Bayh's adie told me the he was likely to vote in favor of it since the "amendments strike a good balance between small farmers and food security".

Tell bayh to go have sexual relations with a wood chipper:
    Evan Bayh
    131 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    (202) 224-5623
    (202) 228-1377 fax

Burn up the phones, faxes and emails. We might be able to get Lugar back over to our side... maybe :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Just think, if this long running attempt to make home gardeners into felons, why not. Since having a tomato plant would make me a felon I might as well get the government's monies worth (my taxes) and build a machine gun. Why not, once a felon, always a felon, so if a tomato plant makes me a felon, I might as well go out big!

Time to write our two wonderful senators again. Being that Bayh is on his way out might give him reason to vote it down as he is pretty mad with the democrats, but Lugar will probably do all he can to help democrats, forgetting that he represents a predominantly farming state.

I recall catching some flak on here during a discussion about restoring felon's gun rights after they had served their time. I pointed out that if a felony is a disqualification for carrying a handgun and the government gets to decide what is and is not a felony then that creates an easy "back door gun ban". This is an example. The anti's aren't always straight forward in their attempts to control us. Think. If you possess a tomato seed illegally you get charged with a crime. If you agree to plead guilty in order to avoid a prison sentence then you give up your rights. Lots of preppers plant gardens.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When this gets sorted out it will just create another federal contractor/work program like the TSA. You won't be able to sell food without a license. Getting that license will require an application, periodic inspections, tax accountants, and a lawyer. Enforcement people will travel to craft shows and farmers markets checking papers and closing or arresting those selling food without the proper documentation. Almost everybody who does this now will drop out. The sad part is that it will do little or nothing to improve food safety, it's mandate. When all the mom and pop places are gone the agency will continue to expand and the mission creep will continue.:rolleyes:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This is the problem with lame-duck sessions and term limits. What incentive do we have to hold over Bayh's head? I realize Lugar still has an election ahead and the last I heard, he was planning on running, but as much as he votes with the Dems, and with so many of them on the way out, why should they do what we ask? Why should they care?

OK, rephrase... They SHOULD care because of honor, integrity, and scruples... but we are talking about politicians, after all, most of whom have none of those things. The better question is, "Why would they care? They're beyond our reach. They know we have nothing else we can do to them.

Term limits should exist only at the ballot box and once out, I say they should be out, done, finished. Lame duck sessions are just a chance to get in a few more digs with impunity. I'll write to Lugar even though I know he'll do the exact opposite of what I ask. I haven't bothered to write to Bayh since I caught him in a baldfaced layh in a letter he wrote and called him on it... His response, "I'm sorry you didn't like my answer...."

It's not that I didn't like it, it's that it wasn't *fornicating* true!

O for the days when politicians who failed to uphold their oaths with honor had a date with a tall tree and a short rope or just a cigarette and a blindfold.

Blessings,
    Bill

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Seed saving is already illegal. We would probably lose the farm if we saved certain seeds and were caught.

To clarify, saving seed from crops you've grown from seed you've purchased from a dealer who doesn't allow seed saving might be illegal. I'm not familiar enough with the farm legislation to know whether that's a codified prohibition or just the terms of acceptable use agreed upon when purchasing someone's product. My gut says the latter, but everything about the farm bills is iffy IMO so it wouldn't surprise me to find out otherwise.

*I*, on the other hand, am completely free at this point in time to save all the seeds I want from the crops I grow because there is neither an agreement with the entity from whom I purchased them or legislation forbidding it.

This bill could/would change that.

In a sick and twisted way, I find it pleasing that a goodly portion of the opposition is coming from the greenies who usually gravitate towards this kind of government control. Of course, we all know they sing a different tune about it when it directly affects them. But it's nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine once in a while.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    To clarify, saving seed from crops you've grown from seed you've purchased from a dealer who doesn't allow seed saving might be illegal. I'm not familiar enough with the farm legislation to know whether that's a codified prohibition or just the terms of acceptable use agreed upon when purchasing someone's product. My gut says the latter, but everything about the farm bills is iffy IMO so it wouldn't surprise me to find out otherwise.

*I*, on the other hand, am completely free at this point in time to save all the seeds I want from the crops I grow because there is neither an agreement with the entity from whom I purchased them or legislation forbidding it.

This bill could/would change that.

In a sick and twisted way, I find it pleasing that a goodly portion of the opposition is coming from the greenies who usually gravitate towards this kind of government control. Of course, we all know they sing a different tune about it when it directly affects them. But it's nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine once in a while.

Monsanto patented the gene in Roundup Ready Soybeans, so when I buy them and plant them, I can't keep any of the produced grain to plant for the next year. This has been taken to the U.S. Supreme Court and the Court sided with Monsanto.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I'm sorry but the days of being nice and polite on the phones should be done! Tell me when being nice to these butt-holes has ever worked?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Monsanto patented the gene in Roundup Ready Soybeans, so when I buy them and plant them, I can't keep any of the produced grain to plant for the next year. This has been taken to the U.S. Supreme Court and the Court sided with Monsanto.

Or when their pollen crosses the property lines and pollinates your corn and then they come after you for using their genetics? It's not a theory anymore...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom