• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Bolivia is drafting a United Nations treaty that will give "Mother Nature" the same rights as a person. The U.N. has always bastardized the definition of a "right", and this treaty is no exception. This is taking environmentalism to a whole new level.

UN document would give 'Mother Earth' same rights as humans

I had to look to see if it was dated April 1st. It's not, so I guess there really are whacked out nutjobs running things at the UN. Whoda thunk it?

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    So ....cutting up your broccoli could get you arrested for assault with a deadly weapon??? Peas have feelings too??? ...and a combine will now be considered a weapon of mass destruction??? :dunno: ...where's the face palm? ...oh ... :facepalm:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    So I guess the marijuana holocaust will end right away, right?

Setting it on fire would be attempted murder though...this has to be a joke.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Makes me think of an old twilight zone episode where they were selling a weight loss product. It was simply a pair of glasses. When you put them on it allowed you to see (and hear?) that the food you were were about to eat was actually alive and would scream etc. when you cut it. Made you feel like a murderer to eat and you lost weight. Creepy because I was a young kid at the time. Makes perfect sense now that Mother Nature "is like a person."

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Makes me think of an old twilight zone episode where they were selling a weight loss product. It was simply a pair of glasses. When you put them on it allowed you to see (and hear?) that the food you were were about to eat was actually alive and would scream etc. when you cut it. Made you feel like a murderer to eat and you lost weight. Creepy because I was a young kid at the time. Makes perfect sense now that Mother Nature "is like a person."

Really? I love the TZ! I've got Seasons 1-3 and have seen most of 5. I don't recall this episode though. Do you remember what season it was from? I'd love to check it out.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    OH Crap!!!! I just burned 6 acres of pasture, I bet I damaged millions of plants and animals.....Do they call that plantacide and animalcide>

I know I killed thousands of ticks!!!!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I mowed my lawn today! Would this treaty make lawn mowing illegal? I also sprayed some weeds!!! Does that make me a mass murderer???

If we tore down the UN building in New York, does anyone think they will get the hint?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    OH Crap!!!! I just burned 6 acres of pasture, I bet I damaged millions of plants and animals.....Do they call that plantacide and animalcide>

I know I killed thousands of ticks!!!!

I mowed my lawn today! Would this treaty make lawn mowing illegal? I also sprayed some weeds!!! Does that make me a mass murderer???

If we tore down the UN building in New York, does anyone think they will get the hint?

:@ya: Not funny. You both committed serious crimes. I hope, for your sake, that Bolivia doesn't march up here and haul you guys off for crimes against the Earth.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This should wipe the smug superior looks off the vegans' faces. They aren't any better than us meat eaters now.

Top Bottom