• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is 'waterboarding' torture? Should it be used by the U.S. Government on suspects?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The latest death of Osama Bin Laden has renewed the argument that the U.S. Government should not be constrained by the 8th Amendment when it comes to dealing with scary terror suspects.

Darth Cheney has been banging on his well-used war drums about torture, and the public is lapping it up because of the recent fable told about Osama Bin Laden's death.

So let's hear it. Arguments for, and against, the 8th amendment.

Dick Cheney says Obama should reinstate waterboarding program

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEnrMIS_ZDY[/ame]

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No, but even if it were, I couldn't care less.
    We should all be concerned.

How to spot terrorists according to the FBI

• Paying in cash.
    • Asking for any privacy in the transaction.
    • Paying in advance.
    • Failing to pay rent on time.
    • Having an odd schedule.
    • Being unfriendly.
    • Being a new customer from out of town.
    • Being impatient.
    • Buying large amounts of something.
    • Signs of burns on your skin.
    • Stains on clothing.
    • Missing a finger.

A single tip is enough to get you put on a Terrorism Watch List; 440,000 on the list

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Fmr. Gov. Jesse Ventura was a Navy SEAL and has been waterboarded, and he believes it is torture.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoqmH49VBC0[/ame]

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't see a option for 'bacon'.

Anyhow, I see waterboarding much like our discussions of .380 ammo. "I wouldn't want to endure it".

And I believe it immoral to subject someone to torture for any reason... yes even to save an elementary school full of children. With that said, I have no problem with an immediate execution after a military tribunal.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    who here who voted in this pole has been waterboarded? also who hear has even honestly seen it done? im guessing less than voted.

NO it is not torture and YES it should be done on foreign enemies.

I really dont care how they treat them terrorist either. you know what they do to us if they capture us? they cut off your head. we still allow them to live. do whatever you want and I will support it.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Question I have is, are you willing to have the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, and every other document we hold "dear" shoved down your neck AFTER your head is cut off just to say "I upheld the principles of our nation"? At that point alot of good those documents will do you. The road to hell (and in this case) slavery/possible defeat are paved with good intentions.

IMO we cannot afford the luxury of believing we live in a puppy dog unicorn world, AND have the luxury of being or thinking we're the "good guy" all the time. We live in a VERY dangerous world and some only understand the overwhelming use of force. Anything else to them is a sign of weakness, and will be used against their enemy.

On what basis are you asking if it is torture? Your's, mine, or the Geneva Convention?

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

It's not "torture" - something can only be torture if you don't like it. I think we should all agree that waterboarding is FUN - like a day at the water park - then the terrorists could feel like they're getting a freebie!

And we - on the other hand - could get some valuable intel - it's a WIN-WIN!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Question I have is, are you willing to have the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, and every other document we hold "dear" shoved down your neck AFTER your head is cut off just to say "I upheld the principles of our nation"? At that point alot of good those documents will do you. The road to hell (and in this case) slavery/possible defeat are paved with good intentions.

IMO we cannot afford the luxury of believing we live in a puppy dog unicorn world, AND have the luxury of being or thinking we're the "good guy" all the time. We live in a VERY dangerous world and some only understand the overwhelming use of force. Anything else to them is a sign of weakness, and will be used against their enemy.

On what basis are you asking if it is torture? Your's, mine, or the Geneva Convention?
    :yesway::yesway:

I would support cutting our enemies heads off and crapping down their wind pipes if it helps end the war faster and save an American. I would bomb a whole village of midgets if it would help end the war faster and strike fear in our enemies. they would say "damn, they just killed the lolly pop kids, we are screwed!". are we gonna fight war or are we just gonna have a playground scuffle people. im glad the people voting in this pole arent the ones fighting to keep us safe.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    :yesway::yesway:

I would support cutting our enemies heads off and crapping down their wind pipes if it helps end the war faster and save an American. I would bomb a whole village of midgets if it would help end the war faster and strike fear in our enemies. they would say "damn, they just killed the lolly pop kids, we are screwed!". are we gonna fight war or are we just gonna have a playground scuffle people. im glad the people voting in this pole arent the ones fighting to keep us safe.

Maybe this is why so many of them hate us as much as they do. Some of them would hate us regardless, but many of them would probably think of us as a far off, technologically advanced land that has no impact on their existence or reality. :dunno:

Top Bottom