Sarah Palin revises the history of Paul Revere's Midnight ride.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One bell if by land, two bells if by sea.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."

[ame]http://youtu.be/oS4C7bvHv2w[/ame]

Last edited:

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    How many times you suppose ol Barry has done something like this and we never know about it because, well you know it's Barry. I like Palin but I hope we don't have to vote for her, although she is hot. IMO

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    She knows how to use the honey to attract such attacks and make the MSM look foolish. That woman's knowledge of colonial history is nothing short of amazing. Remember the whole 1773 controversy where so many people jumped on her for the wrong date but she was actually correct? Although she didn't explain it very clearly in that quote, she is right again. Paul Revere did warn to the British away.

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yeah, well, she might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least she would not be trying to undermine my ability to be armed. Personally, I really don't want her to run against Obama, I don't think she would win. The main goal here is to see Obama and company hit the highway after the election. That man is distructive not only to the country, but also to himself. How can he be so blind not to see this. Maybe he does and does not really care, and that my friends is what I am afraid he thinks.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'd love to see her win the office of President so George Lopez will keep his promise and go back to Mexico. Oh, wait, I think Alec Baldwin and Rosie O'besell both said they would leave if Bush won, and that didn't happen.:(

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, what's the problem?:dunno:

She is right. Revere warned the British Army (albeit on the second ride) in order to bluff his way out of a jam and avoid a fight.

"I told him [British Army officer]; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up."

Letter of Paul Revere.

Is it the way she speaks? She's probably tired but she did not say anything incorrect.

This is akin to the Left castigating her for the "party like it's 1773" line. She was right; her critics were shown to be . . . less than informed.

One bell if by land, two bells if by sea.

The bells were part of a warning system which included riders like Revere, gunshots, bells and drums.

Heck, as lousy an experience as I had at Appleseed, even my instructors got this right.

"A townsman remembered that 'repeated gunshots, the beating of drums and the ringing of bells filled the air.'.... Along the North Shore of Massachusetts, church bells began to toll and the heavy beat of drums could be heard for many miles in the night air."

Paul Revere's Ride, David H. Fischer (1994).

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

She is right. Revere warned the British Army (albeit on the second ride) in order to bluff his way out of a jam and avoid a fight.

"I told him [British Army officer]; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up."

Letter of Paul Revere.

Is it the way she speaks? She's probably tired but she did not say anything incorrect.

This is akin to the Left castigating her for the "party like it's 1773" line. She was right; her critics were shown to be . . . less than informed.

The bells were part of a warning system which included riders like Revere, gunshots, bells and drums.

Heck, as lousy an experience as I had at Appleseed, even my instructors got this right.

"A townsman remembered that 'repeated gunshots, the beating of drums and the ringing of bells filled the air.'.... Along the North Shore of Massachusetts, church bells began to toll and the heavy beat of drums could be heard for many miles in the night air."

Beat me to it.

transcription of Revere's letter
    Massachusetts Historical Society: Online Collections

I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that.
    When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,
    and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared
    to have the command, examined me, where I came from,
    & what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he as-
    ked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if
    I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He
    demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and
    aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River,
    and that There would be five hundred Americans there
    in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.

He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us,
    when all five of them came down upon a full gallop;
    one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major
    Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name,
    & told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I
    did not give him true answers, he would blow my
    brains out.

Sometimes I think Palin does this to rop a dope the media. That woman is "misunderestimated" :laugh:

But hey, it's fun to call other people stupid. Makes me feel all superior. :D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Letter of Paul Revere.

Yep she never said anything about the signal being bells. Just that bells were used to signal others.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hate to interrupt anyone's two minutes of hate of Emman . . . er, Sarah, but has the media completely lost its collective mind?

First they screw up 1773 and now they on running with Sarah obviously knowing more about American history than the entire media combined.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I hate to interrupt anyone's two minutes of hate of Emman . . . er, Sarah, but has the media completely lost its collective mind?

First they screw up 1773 and now they on running with Sarah obviously knowing more about American history than the entire media combined.

INGO Palin haters took hook line and sinker too!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Huh, I don't think Revere ran into too many folks that weren't British during his ride. :scratch:

He warned the British colonists that their British regular military was out.

He warned the British military, when captured, that the countryside had already been alerted and were quite ready for them.

So many people get their history only from a poem that was taught in grade school...

Everyone should get to an Appleseed and hear the real story. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom