Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Week of shootings leads to Full-Blown Police State

A few crimes in one week and the mayor of Darby, PA, institutes a "State of Emergency" which apparently suspends the U.S. Constitution and allows the police to search anyone they see in public. Expect to see more "States of Emergency" declared as more towns and states suffer financially in the hard economic times ahead. Want safety? Arm yourself!

Week of shootings led to Darby state of emergency

Authorities were using powers which, under the 10-day state of emergency, allow officers to demand identification and stop and frisk people of any age who are outdoors or in a public place between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., said Thomas.

User Info Menu

You do know that here in IN in our current IC the governor can do this as well.

User Info Menu

I was totally upset. What if they had had the block party - and the person came back ... and wanted to shoot whoever it was he was looking for?"

Well, at least there is a cemetery nearby.

Come on Rambone, you know that if cops could do this all the time, there would never be any crime.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

User Info Menu

Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

Shooter

User Info Menu

Apparently not all of the subscribers to the "never let a good catastrophe go to waste" are on the left.

Shooter

User Info Menu

People in Darby and the surrounding areas were NOT happy.

User Info Menu

Kinda reminds me of Berlin without the wall....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jediagh View Post
    You do know that here in IN in our current IC the governor can do this as well.

Actually, they can't anymore. That Bill was passed at the same time as last year's Parking Lot law, if I recall...
    "Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper;
    in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat. Such is my thesis, that the licensing of weapons is subversive of liberty and self-defeating in its pious purpose"

-Robert A Heinlein on Gun Control

User Info Menu

The legality of this Mayor's act is harder to swallow than the reheated pork chop I'm trying to eat. What law gives the mayor of a town this kind of power?

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghunter View Post
    The legality of this Mayor's act is harder to swallow than the reheated pork chop I'm trying to eat. What law gives the mayor of a town this kind of power?
    It's a different world out here. I really don't know what else to say other than that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast