• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Free speech is banned in Tennessee. If you are offended by someone's bumper sticker, you are directed to write down their license plate and report them to the Thought Police.

Happy Independence Day! LOL

Stricter 'offensive' bumper sticker law takes effect
    In his opinion, Rep. Moore said the law does not violate any constitutional protections, including freedom of speech.

"When you get into crossing the line so to speak you do not have a right to impose your speech on other people," he said.
    bumpersticker.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "Impose your speech"???
    It's not like people are forced to read every stupid bumper sticker you have on the back of your car.
    And how can they judge what is offensive???
    For me a "guns kill people" sticker is offensive, to someone else a "pro gun" sticker will be offensive.
    And what is it's not a "pumper sticker" but a "bumper magnet"? :D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    His quote is ridiculous....

"When you get into crossing the line so to speak you do not have a right to impose your speech on other people," - State Representative Gary Moore

Hrm, "crossing the line"... yeah, that is not vague and subjective at all...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You kidding? If I lived there, I'd be searching the internet for the most offensive bumper stickers I could find. For the sake of being a civilly disobedient troll.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Does the Bill of Rights mean nothing anymore? Nazi Gemany...Stalinist Russia....just sayin.....

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"-George Santayanna

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So who decides what's "offensive"?

What if Joe Volvo sees the sticker on the back of the trailer park monster truck that says MPG HAHA! Is he going to get "Offended" because the monster truck driver isn't "green" enough for him and then call it in? I guess I'm in trouble if they read my vanity plate. WNTR SUX.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Does the Bill of Rights mean nothing anymore? Nazi Gemany...Stalinist Russia....just sayin.....

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"-George Santayanna

It's only the beginning of the fight. Politicians do things not because it's right, but because of votes. That is why we are in such a freaking mess. Go along to get along and we wonder how Nazi Germany happened. :noway:

Our Founders did what is right to the best of their ability. They did a good job and better than any of our current wankers could ever dream of.

If I was to make a wild ass guess, in about 200 years many states will become their own sovereign country of sorts. Succession is the word. The US will look like some jacked up version of Europe. New state lines will be drawn in some cases. You decide if it's possible or not. I already have.

We're currently watching the back story of a movie set in the future. Unfortunately, it's becoming reality and it may not be our future but if you have young children, it could be theirs.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So if it is ok to say one part of the first amendment can be violated, why not go further? How about I am offended by the cross on a building, or the six point star on a building, or what about a news paper article I find offensive???

Would they then start arresting priests, rabbis, ministers, editors and publishers?????

A really sick bunch of people have been somehow elected into office lately.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What's almost as bad as Rep. Moore's ridiculous quote proving he needs a MAJOR refresher course in Constitutional law is the following quote:

Another driver who wished to not be identified told Nashville's News 2 he believes the law is odd, but thinks it could help protect children from inappropriate images.
    "If someone has a bumper sticker with nude photos on it that's a different story," he said. "I'm not going to worry about it. I am not going to put any obscene bumper stickers on my car."

Can we say "politically correct SHEEP"?????? This is how rights get eroded into meaningless dribble--morons who somehow justify infringements on their rights and even support these inane laws...until it's too late, of course. The law is so laughably vague and obviously not legally valid that it can't possibly survive being challenged, but the legislators who passed it in the first place and the idiots abroad who support it should be ashamed of themselves...unless they really do want a "government of the government, by the government, and for the government" system.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Just remember that the Tennessee House and Senate are dominated by republicans. This travesty rests firmly on their doorstep.

Did anyone actually read the article or are you just flying off the proverbial don't step on my rights handle?

This is aimed at obscenity btw... your free speech doesn't include cussing at my kids from your bumper.

I am all about freedom and rights but if you can't use the F word on TV and Radio it shouldn't be on the back of your car either.

Flame away...

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If I was to make a wild ass guess, in about 200 years many states will become their own sovereign country of sorts. [STRIKE]Succession[/STRIKE] Secession is the word. The US will look like some jacked up version of Europe. New state lines will be drawn in some cases. You decide if it's possible or not. I already have.

FIFY

Secession would be put down with extreme prejudice. It would require an all out revolt and several very populous and wealthy states to band together. I don't think it's likely at all without the government becoming much weaker and the situation becoming much more intolerable.
    The seceding states would have to control a major portion of the armed forces equipment and ordinance to stand any kind of chance.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If I was to make a wild ass guess, in about 200 years many states will become their own sovereign country of sorts. Succession is the word. The US will look like some jacked up version of Europe. New state lines will be drawn in some cases. You decide if it's possible or not. I already have.

In the next 200 years the world will have reshaped itself twice and no current INGO members will probably care about it.

Top Bottom