• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Ron Paul has stated he would end support of Israel.

Ron Paul has stated if North Korea invaded South Korea he would not respond.

Ron Paul has stated that Iran should have a nuclear weapon.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would need to read some context before commenting. I would believe he had some thoughtful reasoning behind those statements. Left alone, I would not agree with either statement.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I'll stir your pot a little since you seem to be trolling for debate...

Like most comments attributed to RP, they tend to be grossly taken out of context.

If you think we can keep a military presence in every country IE Korea for 50+ years and not go bankrupt, vote for the RINO currently being groomed by the media (FOX included).

:popcorn:

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

I'm not a Ron Paul fan, but some citations would be helpful.

I'll stir your pot a little since you seem to be trolling for debate...

Like most comments attributed to RP, they tend to be grossly taken out of context.

If you think we can keep a military presence in every country IE Korea for 50+ years and not go bankrupt, vote for the RINO currently being groomed by the media (FOX included).

If you have context for those positions, it would be helpful if you would share them. Only one of the three situations listed fits your description of keeping troops stationed everywhere.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Israel is only our friend because we pay them, I saw we should keep our noses out of other peoples business. We cannot afford to police the world any longer. How is that hard to understand?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I believe where he's coming from is that America should mind its own beezwacks. On the Iran thing, I think he said something along the lines that who are we (the USA) to say who gets the A-bomb. On Korea, again if I remember correctly, he's saying it should be up to the Koreans to pay for their own defense.

I don't think I completely agree with his foreign policy vision, but I do think it's time for Korea, Japan, and especially Europe (among others) to defend themselves.

Other than foreign policy, I really like RP. And even with that one area of disagreement, I'd vote for him over BHO in a NY minute.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

As others have stated before Me, Context generally helps to set the Stage for Discussion...

I will say right of the bat with no contextual backing I cannot agree with any of His Statements that you Provided. :popcorn:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    attachment.php

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Cut off all foreign aid to Israel & to Arabs

Q: Would you cut off all foreign aid to Israel?

A: Absolutely. But remember, the Arabs would get cut off, too, and the Arabs get three times as much aid altogether than Israel. But why make Israel so dependent? Why do they give up their sovereignty? They can’t defend their borders without coming to us. If they want a peace treaty, they have to ask us permission. We interfere when the Arab League makes overtures to them. So I would say that we’ve made them second class citizens. Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series Dec 23, 2007 Get out of South Korea and let two Koreas unify

Q: Under President Paul, if North Korea invaded South Korea, would we respond?
    A: Why should we unless the Congress declared war? I mean, why are we there? In South Korea, they’re begging and pleading to unify their country, and we get in their way. They want to build bridges and go back and forth. Vietnam, we left under the worst of circumstances. The country is unified. They have become Westernized. We trade with them. Their president comes here. And Korea, we stayed there and look at the mess. I mean, the problem still exists, and it’s drained trillion dollars over these last 50 years. We can’t afford it anymore. We’re going bankrupt. All empires end because the countries go bankrupt, and the currency crashes. That’s what happening. And we need to come out of this sensibly rather than waiting for a financial crisis. Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series Dec 23, 2007 Stop interfering with Latin America; talk & trade instead

Q: Venezuela rejected changes to the constitution, but President Hugo Chavez has insisted that he’s going to propose them again. Many consider him a threat to democracy in the region. How would you deal with Chavez?
    A: Well, he’s not the easiest person to deal with, but we should deal with everybody around the world the same way: with friendship and opportunity to talk and try to trade with people. We talked to Stalin, we talked to Khrushchev, we’ve talked to Mao, and we’ve talked to the world, & we get along with people. Actually, I believe we’re at a time where we even ought to talk to Cuba and trade and travel to Cuba. We have a problem in South America and Central America: because we’ve been involved in their internal affairs for so long. We have been meddling in their business. We create the Chavezes of the world, we create the Castros of the world by interfering and creating chaos in their countries, and they respond by throwing out their leader. Source: 2007 Republican primary debate on Univision Dec 9, 2007 Neutrality on Israel-Palestine; start by defunding both

It is sort of a contest: should we be pro-Israel or pro-Arab, or anti-Israel or Anti-Arab, and how are we perceived doing this? It is pretty important.
    But I think there is a third option that we often forget. Why can we not be pro-American? What is in the best interests of the US?
    I believe that it is in the best interests of the United States not to get into a fight, a fight that we do not have the wisdom to figure out. I would like to have neutrality. That has been the tradition for America, at least a century ago, to be friends with everybody, trade with everybody, and be neutral unless someone declares war against us.
    The perceptions are yes, we have solidarity with Israel. What is the opposite of solidarity? It is hostility. So if we have solidarity with Israel, then we have hostility to the Palestinians.
    I have a proposal. We should start by defunding both sides. I think we can contribute by being more neutral. Source: House speech, in Foreign Policy of Freedom, p.177-178 Dec 15, 2001 Voted NO on reforming the UN by restricting US funding.

To reform the United Nations, by limiting the US contribution to the UN by up to one-half by the year 2007, if the following reforms are not made:
    • Requires the creation of an Independent Oversight Board with the authority to evaluate all operations of the UN
    • Instructs the UN to implement procedures to protect whistle-blowers, individuals who reveal wrongdoings within an organization to the public or to those in positions of authority
    • Obliges the creation of a uniform code of conduct for all UN officials
    • Requires the shifting of the funding mechanisms of certain organizational programs from the regular assessed UN budget to voluntarily funded programs
    • Compels the US President to influence the Secretary General of the UN to waive diplomatic immunity for UN officials under investigation or charged with serious criminal offences
    • Creates a certification of UN cooperation to provide documentary evidence to member states investigating the Oil-for-Food program
    Reference: United Nations Reform Act; Bill HR 2745 ; vote number 2005-282 on Jun 17, 2005

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Habeas corpus always applies, even to Guantanamo

Q: Do you agree or disagree with the statement made by former Attorney General Gonzales in January 2007 that nothing in the Constitution confers an affirmative right to habeas corpus, separate from any statutory habeas rights Congress might grant or take away?

A: I strongly disagree with him because I think it was absurd. If we can’t deny habeas corpus it infers that you have habeas corpus. So I would strongly disagree with his whole interpretation of habeas corpus.
    Q: Do you think that that extends to non US citizens in US custody overseas, i.e. Guantanamo?
    A: I think that might depend upon the circumstances of declared war, and what the circumstances might be.
    Q: The context would be Gitmo, the case before the Supreme Court.
    A: I would think then that we should, under those circumstances, follow the principles of habeas corpus. Source: Boston Globe questionnaire on Executive Power Dec 20, 2007

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Grouping terrorists together damages relations with Muslims

PAUL: We had an air base in Saudi Arabia, that was given as the excuse for 9/11. There’s always a radical element in almost all religions. They have to have an incentive. We give them that incentive. The question that you aren’t willing to ask is, why is it that they attack America? I mean, they don’t attack the Canadians. They don’t attack the Swiss.

ROMNEY: Is it such a mystery as to why they attack America? We’re the strongest nation in the world.
    GIULIANI: Ron, it’s simply not true. Islamic terrorists killed over 500 Americans before September 11, going back to the late 1960s. They have also killed people recently in Bali, in London. They have launched attacks in Germany. I could go on and on. The attack on Leon Klinghoffer.
    PAUL: You paint all Islamics the same way, and this is a dangerous thing. What you’re doing is damaging our relationship by destroying our relationship with all Muslims. That’s what you’re doing.
    GIULIANI: I do not accept that criticism. Source: 2008 Facebook/WMUR-NH Republican primary debate Jan 5, 2006

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    FactCheck: US spends $572B on foreign operations, not $1T

In the Jan. 30 debate, Paul claimed the US spends a trillion dollars on a “foreign operations” each year, saying, “This money should be spent back here at home. We have a $1 trillion foreign operation to operate our empire.”

Pres. Bush’s proposed fisca 2009 budget includes $572 billion for defense spending. Even if we called the entire defense budget an overseas cost of maintaining an empire--and then kicked in the entire $50.6 billion budget for the State Department and international programs-- Paul is still $378 billion short.
    The Paul campaign cites a 2006 think-tank article which included a number of items that one might generally not think of as defense spending: including the Department of Homeland Security, the State Department, 1/3 of the funding for the FBI and 1/2 of NASA’s funding. The numbers also include medical and retirement pay for veterans and a large portion of interest on the debt. Source: FactCheck.org on 2008 Republican debate at Reagan Library Feb 11, 2008

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Distribute sterile syringes to reduce AIDS and hepatitis.

Paul signed Community AIDS and Hepatitis Prevention Act

To permit the use of Federal funds for syringe exchange programs for purposes of reducing the transmission of bloodborne pathogens, including HIV and viral hepatitis.
    1. Congress finds as follows:
    2. Each year, approximately 12,000 Americans contract HIV/AIDS and approximately 19,000 Americans contract the hepatitis C virus directly or indirectly from sharing contaminated syringes.
    3. A 2005 comprehensive international review of the evidence of the effectiveness of syringe exchange programs in preventing HIV transmission shows that such programs reduce HIV transmission and are cost-effective.
    4. Research has shown that injection drug users who are referred to addiction treatment from syringe exchange programs are more likely to enter and remain in treatment.
    5. Research has shown that, by providing safe disposal of used injection equipment, syringe exchange programs significantly reduce the number of improperly discarded syringes in the community, thereby reducing the exposure of police and others to dangers of blood-borne disease from accidental syringe sticks.
    6. Syringe exchange programs reduce the prevalence of HIV among injection drug users.
    7. Despite the scientific and public health consensus that syringe exchange programs reduce HIV and do not increase substance abuse, a ban on funding syringe exchange has been enacted as part of each Appropriations Act since 1998.
    8. The Public Health Service Act, as added by the Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act of 1990, is subject to a statutory ban on funding needle exchange programs.
    Notwithstanding any other provision of law, nothing shall prohibit the use of Federal funds to establish or carry out a program of distributing sterile syringes to reduce the transmission of bloodborne pathogens, including the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and viral hepatitis.
    Source: HR 179 2009-H179 on Jan 6, 2009

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And cut off funding to their enemies. Considering we give 3times more money to Israel's enemies, Israel will come out way ahead.

Tell me why the US should care in 2011 what N and S Korea do to each other?

In any event, it's out of context. Fail.

You are such a obvious failure it's pathetic.

Show us where Paul says they "should" have a nuke.

A better summation of what he has said is that it's not our problem. Let the countries in mideast deal with it.

They will have a nuke. It's also going to take another decade before they produce a second nuke. So what? Israel has dozens upon dozens. We have thousands. Pakistan, India, both have nukes.

Iran's nuke is going to be 60's technology at best and they don't even have a delivery system that would get it to Israel let alone out of the mideast.

More lies, scare tactics and boogeymen.

How does a person who thinks like that sleep at night? I'm guessing with a boarded up closet and 500 watt flood lights.

Top Bottom