• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Interesting. It has seemed to me like every debate I've seen so far has been preferential to Romney and Perry. It makes me not even want to watch the debates when I feel so strongly that Perry is going to be the Republican nominee no matter what anybody else says about it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I'm watching right now. Well, actually on on my front stoop smoking right now with the TV paused for when I get back. I'm surprised Congressman Paul and Former Governor Johnson were asked a question in the first round. Hopefully the debate weighs in evenly, even though I know neither of those men will be the party candidate. I am looking forward to hearing if any Candidates besides Paul of Johnson offer anything other than platitudes and sound byte responses.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If its between Perry and Obama ... Im gonna have a swashbuckler of a time trying to decide who to vote for, its lookin more and more like the third party every day though

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    There are still five months or so until the official Primaries begin. Lots of time for the pack to shake out. The TV debates may not be as important as the alternative media in this selection process, since just about anyone can find out all about each potential candidate and their strengths, failings, and positions, if they care to do so.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm afraid if Perry wins the nomination, then Obama will win by a landslide. In an election between a progressive and a progressive, the incumbent will win, IMHO.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i will be happy to vote for any of them. we need to get obama out, and any of the GOP candidates are a heck of a lot better than what we came up with last time! still cant believe the best we could come up with last time was McCain!

jake

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i will be happy to vote for any of them. we need to get obama out, and any of the GOP candidates are a heck of a lot better than what we came up with last time! still cant believe the best we could come up with last time was McCain!

jake

And... um... Perry is any better? Or Romney?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You're kidding...... right!? C'mon, are you an ostrich, or what?

I doubt it. Perry is Al Gore incarnate. Look at his record and his speeches.

The man doesn't just want national health care, he wants INTERnational health care with mexico as a partner!

No way I vote for perry or obama. I may hold my nose for someone who is actually a 'lessor' evil but perry (and romney) will NEVER get my vote.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    And... um... Perry is any better? Or Romney?

yes they are better, are they the best........ well no. i think most of the other candidates are better than both of them. but better than obama and the ilk he surrounds himself with......... yea they're better, maybe not by much but still better

jake

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    After watching the "debate" my personal take on Perry is "what a jerk!"

The wretched thing about the last two debates is that Gingrich actually came across pretty well, even if he is unelectable per the news media.

And then there is Romney, who obviously has both a good coaching staff, but knows how to work the debate and sound better than he actually is.

But when it comes down to it, any of them have to be better than the current resident of the White House.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The fix is in for Rick Perry in a big way. The head of the network is having dinner dates with him for crying out loud. After the debate I could not stomach more than 10 minutes of the deluge of comments about Perry and Romney. BARF! Fox makes me sick!

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I can't bring myself to vote for another RINO. Unless we radically change the fundamental direction of this country and start downsizing government, prosecute fraud, overhaul our tax code, quit subsidizing failure and punishing success, America is toast. A RINO might postpone this for a few years, but the unsustainable will become unsustainable. I still have hope for a true Conservative to emerge!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Fair and Balanced

Tonight: The opportunities FOX allowed each candidate to speak:

Romney - 16
    Perry – 11
    Bachmann – 9
    Huntsman – 9
    Santorum – 9
    Gingritch – 7
    Cain – 7
    Paul – 6
    Johnson - 5

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Romney - 16
    Perry – 11
    Bachmann – 9
    Huntsman – 9
    Santorum – 9
    Gingritch – 7
    Cain – 7
    Paul – 6
    Johnson - 5

I don't think the majority of Americans are quite ready for some of the more radical Libertarian ideals. I'm glad to see that they are gaining some momentum, but I think it'll be a longer process to get people on board with what men like Paul and Johnson believe. In the meantime, the Republican party has decided it's going to be Romney vs. Perry for the nomination, so why even involve some of the others?

Forecast for 2012: more of the same... :noway:

The conspiracy theorist in me sometimes wonders if these elections aren't already decided and we're just voting to make us feel good about the process.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

Romney - 16
    Perry – 11
    Bachmann – 9
    Huntsman – 9
    Santorum – 9
    Gingritch – 7
    Cain – 7
    Paul – 6
    Johnson - 5

Interesting breakdown. The entire debate seemed to be themed around a Romney-Perry catfight. At least Gary Johnson will be remembered for the shot he took at Obama's shovel ready jobs.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think the fix was in for Perry. With the concentration of the debate being on immigration and Perry's Dream Act being so out of step with most GOP voters there was no way he was going to do well. If Santorum and Romney weren't so irritating (they remind me of those little annoying yipping lap dogs) it would have been a real bust for Perry IMHO.

Top Bottom