Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Angry Resistance fighters learned jihad from U.S. textbooks

This is a key example of how foreign interventionism always seems to bite us in the ass. The United States spent millions of dollars to provide Afghan schoolchildren with violent, jihadist textbooks. This occurred back in the 1980s, when the Soviets were trying to expand their empire, Osama Bin Laden was our buddy and getting trained by the CIA, the U.S. was giving BILLIONS to Al Qaeda.

From U.S., the ABC's of Jihad
    In the twilight of the Cold War, the United States spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings, part of covert attempts to spur resistance to the Soviet occupation.

The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system's core curriculum. Even the Taliban used the American-produced books, though the radical movement scratched out human faces in keeping with its strict fundamentalist code.
    USA prints textbooks to support Jihad in Afghanistan and Pakistan | Support Daniel Boyd's Blog

Here's more about how the U.S. was for terrorism, before it was against it. The U.S. government created and funded Al Qaeda. Osama bin Laden himself was a CIA asset.

THIS IS WHY WE MUST BANKRUPT OURSELVES ON WAR AND BECOME A POLICE STATE.

Who is Osama Bin Laden? | BBC News
    "...Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia in 1979 to fight against the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The Afghan jihad was backed with American dollars and had the blessing of the governments of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. He received security training from the CIA itself."

Who Is Osama Bin Laden? | Forbes
    "...[Osama bin Laden] received military and financial assistance from the intelligence services of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the United States."

Osama Bin Laden: Profile of a Terror Leader | ABC News
    "In the 1980s, bin Laden left his comfortable Saudi home for Afghanistan to participate in the Afghan jihad, or holy war, against the invading forces of the Soviet Union - a cause that, ironically, the United States funded, pouring $3 billion into the Afghan resistance via the CIA."

I won't argue that the US provided written material as well as arms to stiffen the Afghans in their struggle against the Soviets. And any weapon can be turned against anyone else. But Jihad wasn't a concept that had to be taught to the Afghans - and it isn't what motivates them today. As for Bin Laden and his motivations, I giggled "Osama Bin Laden Al Qaeda and got this:

http://www.adl.org/terrorism_america/bin_l.asp
    "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." Robert A. Heinlein

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    I won't argue that the US provided written material as well as arms to stiffen the Afghans in their struggle against the Soviets. And any weapon can be turned against anyone else. But Jihad wasn't a concept that had to be taught to the Afghans - and it isn't what motivates them today. As for Bin Laden and his motivations, I giggled "Osama Bin Laden Al Qaeda and got this:

Osama bin Laden: Profile

I was going to correct that, then said "what the heck" and left it the way it was. Your reaction was all I could have hoped for )
    "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." Robert A. Heinlein

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    I was going to correct that, then said "what the heck" and left it the way it was. Your reaction was all I could have hoped for )
    I figure a bit of happiness and laughter was a better response than "LOOK AT THE LOSER WHO CAIN'T SPELLZ WORDIES COReCTLY!?"

The thread may now return to its regularly scheduled debating. Threadjack over

Here's another page out of the jihad textbooks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    Here's another page out of the jihad textbooks.

Once again, Rambone, you're whipping a dead horse. Yes, we provided some assistance to various factions fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan. That's no secret. You really haven't "uncovered" anything. But the term "jihad" is purely Islamic. It existed long before any of us ever came along.

(Psst: Rumor has it that we also funded Saddam Hussein and, even Ho Chi Minh, back when it seemed to be serving our interests.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagnew View Post
    Once again, Rambone, you're whipping a dead horse. Yes, we provided some assistance to various factions fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan. That's no secret. You really haven't "uncovered" anything. But the term "jihad" is purely Islamic. It existed long before any of us ever came along.

(Psst: Rumor has it that we also funded Saddam Hussein and, even Ho Chi Minh, back when it seemed to be serving our interests.)
    Rumor has it that our foreign policy keeps the same course decade after decade. Which is why we need to understand long-term effects of the CIA's meddling actions overseas.

I wish the CIA had never existed. I wish this country wouldn't send anyone from the government outside of our borders to attempt to influence other countries. If we would have followed that path just think of how wonderful it would be living in the communist United States AKA USSR West.

We should never assist any other countries to fend off tyranny, dictatorships, or communism because some day they may decide they don't like us anymore. Fighting the good fight is wrong.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast