• longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    OWS - Bloomington Indiana - I visited the camp update: One DEAD

11-12-11 Update

I returned to the site about 11 am this morning.

Two people were sleeping on the ground ( they looked passed out to me) with people walking by or stepping over them. I asked if they were alright and the three guys said they were fine. Fewer tents were at the site, and I counted 7 people outside who looked like they were part of the protest. Remember 2 of the 7 were sleeping or passed out. I also spotted two people in a tent moving around.

I asked what happened to the signs outside, and they said many of them are missing. One of the guys told me about the water ballon attacks and honking late at night that makes sleeping difficult. They also said the bars across the street have been very mean to them and the noise the patrons make is rude. When the bars close, they are getting yelled at and have almost reached the breaking point. (not sure how to take that from the peaceful group)

He also admitted several of the tents have been empty for a few days. A few had collapsed and not been set back up.

I detected a strong smell of booze on several of the protesters and the smell of stale urine in the alley behind the movement was powerful. The recessed doors in back must look like urinals to them.
    OP update:

Previous week
    ne dead already today!

Don Swank passed away in People's Park early this morning. From what we understand, the cause was most likely alcohol related. Don was good man, and many are mourning his passing. I have posted a statement below, and I would like feedback on it, as this tragic incident will probably draw attention.

from: https://www.facebook.com/groups/occupybloomington/?id=283295638361176&notif_t=group_activity

not much traffic on this forum: ttp://occupybloomington.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Hell yes and it is not in the paper yet?

Today we were hanging at home and Mrs. says, lets go see the OWS Bloomington site at Peoples Park. When the Mrs. says she is well enough to do something, that makes everyone's day and off we went.

The park is 155 by 125 feet in Bloomington just west of the Sample Gate. It is smack in the middle of the retail district just west of IU and in downtown liberal Bloomington.

20 people were active at the site but I counted 40 tents, some of which had not been touched in days. The group members were preaching to the Chior and they tried to convert Mrs. Longbow. I listened and she was safe. For some reason they didn't talk to me other than ask why I was taking pictures. Guess I look like the problem to them.:D

They had a kitchen that is a health hazard and numerous fire hazards were seen. They were getting water from the drinking fountain for many uses and it did not look sanitary Not a toilet was around so I guess they are using the local merchant sites. ( lucky them)

This was an image that ticked me off. It was in the main event and membership tent. My wife pointed it out to me just as we where leaving.

DSC_0047.jpg

These are some general pictures of the people at the site. Several were handing out flyers to the public walking by. I heard at least two people tell them to get a life or invest some time to get a job.
    DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

I was told by one of the merchants that yesterday they were burning constitutions to keep warm and smoked up the area. What a nice group they are!

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    People's Park has long been an exemplar of the hazards of illegal drug use and addiction. I see nothing has changed there except for the excuses.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    What did they have to say to your wife? I'm curious to hear what they actually want/said/demanded be done.

They wanted her to join and were telling how greedy corporations are. She told them her husband works for a great corporation that gives back to its employees and local community. They did not know what to say.

They tried something else and she said the company her husband works for paid for and built 10 habitat homes this year.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    what are they going to claim that is their's? the park? most of the 99% dont pay taxes so how can it be their's?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    some more fun.....

stealing power from a local business. Nice job of hiding it!
    They are also stealing electricity from the city. They are tapping into unsecured outlets that belong to Parks and Rec.

This just screams for an OC event. What a great way to celebrate the new preemption laws!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The Russians had the equivalent of these guys in 1917. After The Revolution, most of them ended up in the gulags - or dead. Funny, the French had the equivalent of these guys in the 1700s. Come The Revolution, most of them died, too - and their families, and their friends, and their neighbors . . .

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The Russians had the equivalent of these guys in 1917. After The Revolution, most of them ended up in the gulags - or dead. Funny, the French had the equivalent of these guys in the 1700s. Come The Revolution, most of them died, too - and their families, and their friends, and their neighbors . . .

"The Revolution" always eats it own afterwards. After serving their stint as useful idiots they can't be allowed to be a further drag on society.

Top Bottom