• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I must say it looks suspicious. Maybe there's another reason to reach into your back pocket and remove what looks like a packed baggy? It certainly is suspicious on its face and the department these guys work for has been the target of allegations of misconduct and faking evidence in the past, according to some sources. I'd guess the person arrested in this case should certainly ask for a jury trial and show the tape. My guess is he'd get off with a halfway decent attorney and jury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7oenshcwPk&feature=player_embedded

Account Suspended (apparently the traffic to the newspapers site has been so heavy their account has been suspended for awhile).

Genius Cops Caught Apparently Planting Evidence By Own Dash Camera

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    looked to me like he flat out pulled it out of his pocket, then came back out and was like...look what I found.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    Did the guy plant drugs in the car? How is anyone who watches this video supposed to determine whether or not he planted drugs in the car? Why is the video less than two minutes long? There are no facts here, only a video that lasts less than two minutes. What was the suspect charged with? Where did the officer claim the drugs were found?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    *shrug* it certainly didn't look like the officer pulled a bag of drugs out of his back pants pocket & then placed them in the vehicle after which he then "found" them, at least not to me.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Absolutely, positively 100% guilty. Toss him in jail and throw away the key.

-or-

Watch the entire video or at least forward to the 6:20 point and watch the officer remove a plastic baggie from the subject's pocket. The officer removed the baggie with his left hand before his hand went out of view of the camera. It's likely he placed the baggie into his back left pocket because when his hand reappears the baggie is gone. That would probably be the same back pocket he removes the baggie from later on in the "conclusive" video.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not saying that the baggie he took out of his pocket is the one he sat in the car momentarily. I wasn't there. If it was the same bag I don't know why he pulled it out and sat it in there. Perhaps he was getting ready to walk back to his car when something caught his eye in the vehicle or he realized there was an area he hadn't checked. Who knows.

I'm saying no one knows what happened but the guys who were there and those who choose to use 5% of a video carefully edited as reason to scream corruption should get a clue.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I would like to know there departments policy of chain of evidence any officer who secures evidence has a chain of evidence to follow. Taking evidence out of a secure area (officer pocket) during a active search is not in any police policy i have seen .....and officer while searching your car can secure evidence he finds in his pocket. After the search it is complete only then take it out of the secure area in front of the camera or other officer thats why you see so many officer place evidence on there car hood so the chain of evidence is recorded on camera.

either is a bad cop or a very dumb one.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I would like to know there departments policy of chain of evidence any officer who secures evidence has a chain of evidence to follow. Taking evidence out of a secure area (officer pocket) during a active search is not in any police policy i have seen .....and officer while searching your car can secure evidence he finds in his pocket. After the search it is complete only then take it out of the secure area in front of the camera or other officer thats why you see so many officer place evidence on there car hood so the chain of evidence is recorded on camera.

either is a bad cop or a very dumb one.

I have never seen an evidence policy that specific.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I have never seen an evidence policy that specific.

dust of them books off :D ......spent most of my life in military :patriot: the only civilian job i have ever had was ........LEO favorite person......... ( IA ) internal affiars......:popcorn: but that was a long time ago :oldwise:.............. yes any time evidence is taken there a chain of evidence to follow........by unsecuring evidence they way he did breaks the chain of evidence and can cause the evidence to be in doubt ....just like here in the video.....

Last edited:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    the other thing i would add is:

the use of camera in squad cars Made evidence securing more specific in the old days it didn't matter court's had the officer report with times in it. And the chain of evidence was time stamped on paper as it went Thur the system. camera can counter an officer report or statement in court .......and find the bad apples

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    dust of them books off :D ......spent most of my life in military :patriot: the only civilian job i have ever had was ........LEO favorite person......... ( IA ) internal affiars......:popcorn: but that was a long time ago :oldwise:.............. yes any time evidence is taken there a chain of evidence to follow........by unsecuring evidence they way he did breaks the chain of evidence and can cause the evidence to be in doubt ....just like here in the video.....

I disagree that taking a baggie out of a pocket and sitting it down in front of you, where no one else has access to it, for a few minutes breaks the chain of evidence.

Top Bottom