Modern Americans have forgotten their code.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    I found the following tonight. I thought it deserved a thread of it's own:

"A Rifleman never stops learning, a Rifleman never stops teaching. A Rifleman continues to seek ways to to protect the freedom the Founding Fathers left us, to improve himself, his home and family, his community, his state and his country, everyday of his life. A Rifleman adapts, a Rifleman
    overcomes and a Rifleman persists. This is not just some fancy gilded rhetoric we throw around like popcorn and pennies. This is the code we live by here. There is nothing wrong, no matter how often the mass of talking heads tells you it is wrong, or outdated, or corny, stupid and cavemanish, with having a code to live by in your life. Modern Americans have forgotten their code. They have forgotten how to be Americans. We are here to help them remember."
    -Scout

This came from: The Appleseed Project

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Starking,

Scout's a friend of mine and the man can write. And he walks the walk, he hosts at least an Appleseed per month on his land, on a range he built, with his own funds. When he talks, I listen.

Lots of Appleseeders here on INGO. We'll see you this spring on an Appleseed firing line, right? There are going to be plenty in your neighborhood this year, like Auburn and Wabash and some others.

Hawkhavn
    Appleseed IN State Coordinator

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I sure plan to attend an upcoming shoot myself. I missed the ones last year between what jobs I had and the kids. This year I think they are old enough and will be bringing them with me. If I'm lucky enough my oldest daughter, 10, will have her own .22 or the like to shoot.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Jay,

Here's the link to the national schedule:
    2009 Appleseed Schedule

Here's the IN page with the draft IN 2009 schedule:
    Indiana

I like your sig line about old men, wait til you hear the stories of Hezekiah Wyman aka Death on a Pale horse, or Samuel Whittemore and David Lamson's crew. They were Dangerous Old Men...

Hawkhavn

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Jay,

Here's the link to the national schedule:
    2009 Appleseed Schedule

Here's the IN page with the draft IN 2009 schedule:
    Indiana

I like your sig line about old men, wait til you hear the stories of Hezekiah Wyman aka Death on a Pale horse, or Samuel Whittemore and David Lamson's crew. They were Dangerous Old Men...

Hawkhavn

True enough. Thanks for posting the links here, Hawk. Also... remind me who the militia leader was? ("Take care of the children.")

Thanks!
    Blessings,
    Bill

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    BoR,

Well, since the Hoosier IIT crew is obviously slacking tonight :D, that would have been Capt. Isaac Davis of the Acton militia. His wife's name was Hannah, when he left that morning all 4 of their children were ill with 'canker rash' which was approximately 50% fatal.

Hawkhavn

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    BoR,

Well, since the Hoosier IIT crew is obviously slacking tonight :D, that would have been Capt. Isaac Davis of the Acton militia. His wife's name was Hannah, when he left that morning all 4 of their children were ill with 'canker rash' which was approximately 50% fatal.

Hawkhavn

Thank you, sir. I can hear Sheepdog telling the story and can envision the setting... but I just could not recall the man's name. Nonetheless, I am certain I will hear his story again in April. Which line will you be running those days? :D

Of note: One more and you join the 100-post club! :woot:

Blessings,
    Bill

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Well, right now I am scheduled to Shoot Boss E'ville again. But I believe another of the brethren will be up to the task of wearing a green hat by then and I will be deployed somewhere northward (Cloverdale or Lafeyette).

Which April 19 shoot will you be at? You're bringing friends right? And you'll be asking for one of those nifty Blaze Orange IIT ballcaps after you blow through the 210 barrier, right?...so you can tell the story.

Why not come down to the March E'ville shoot and be wearing an IIT cap on the 19th. How would that make you feel?

Hawkhavn

Top Bottom