Ron Pauls 0% income tax would create 'the most jobs in the history of the world'

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Ron Paul's 0% Tax Proposal Would Create Most Jobs "In History of the World"*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

0% federal income tax vs 30, 40 or 50% in other countries.

Up until 1913 we didn't have one. Repeal it and replace it with NOTHING!

Wealth redistribution is WRONG! Repeal it NOW!
    I like Ron Paul and I support a fair tax plan. Which eliminates Income tax and instead charges a sales tax on everything. This means you only pay tax on things you directly consume and contribute to the economy based upon your consumption.

The rich pay more through purchasing more, the poor pay less due to lower consumption.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    The rich pay more through purchasing more, the poor pay less due to lower consumption.

Let's see,

Poor folks would support the economy with all or most of their income, and pay taxes on it to boot. Rich folks would support the economy with a little of their income, and only pay taxes on that.

That sure seems fair. For the rich. Sounds like class warfare to me, with the rich winning. I find myself wondering just who's envying whom.

I think I prefer the idea of no taxes at all.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Let's see,

Poor folks would support the economy with all or most of their income, and pay taxes on it to boot. Rich folks would support the economy with a little of their income, and only pay taxes on that.

That sure seems fair. For the rich. Sounds like class warfare to me, with the rich winning. I find myself wondering just who's envying whom.

I think I prefer the idea of no taxes at all.

What? Let's see someone of means pays tax on a 7 series BMW. low income rides a bus and pays tax on the fare. How in the world do you come to your conclusion.

This is anti class war fare. I am sorry but your conclusions that Poor folks would support the economy with all or most of their income, and pay taxes on it to boot. Rich folks would support the economy with a little of their income, and only pay taxes on that. is as far off base as you can be. The point is there would be zero income tax. This would be the fairest system possible. No deductions everybody would pay their fare share as the liberal left like to say because you pay it on the point of purchase. No more IRS!

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Ron Paul is a weirdo. He reminds me of a old dog with a bad case of worms.
    Why is it when we disagree with someone now days we do not debate the points off the disagreement. I see this especially on the left. Instead we do character assassination. here is a guy (Ron Paul) who want us to follow the constitution.

He wants you to have rights for your personal privacy, he does not want anybody dictating to you as an adult what you can or cannot do with your body, your money, your property.

He wants the government out of your personal affairs and allow you to be the master of your own domain.

He believes in personal accountability, personal protection rights and wants you the freedom to choose what is right for you.

How in the world is that weird?

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I like Ron Paul and I support a fair tax plan. Which eliminates Income tax and instead charges a sales tax on everything. This means you only pay tax on things you directly consume and contribute to the economy based upon your consumption.

I also disagree on this. Replacing one tax with another isn't really solving the problem. The idea is to strangle the beast in Washington anyways. Do you want to see the list of federal agencies that I think should be abolished? :D

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I already have one and we are probably on agreement on it. Some taxation is needed to pay for army and other basic services. I am not replacing on tax with another because the consumption tax would be a minimal amount.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why is it when we disagree with someone now days we do not debate the points off the disagreement.
    Because there is no civility in society, people exhibit a disturbing lack of logic skills (as evidenced by half the posts in this forum), and in many cases, most folks have no supporting facts on which to base their argument, just emotional knee-jerk reaction.

I see this especially on the left. Instead we do character assassination. here is a guy (Ron Paul) who want us to follow the constitution.

And among a select few RP supporters. Sepe makes one fact-based argument for every 10 he posts whining about hair styles and sheep. Prometheus is angry and accusatory and alienates more people than he converts with his vitriol and rhetoric. Boiled Owl is just as nasty and hateful on occasion. Every one of them argues from an emotional position that ignores reality and human behavior. They are also prone to whipping out the straw man every now and then, mostly when the argument is judged according to the way things are and not how they should be (which incidentally is another hallmark of leftist debate tactics). And every one of them portrays himself to be irrational and disconnected. Change the names, events, and accusations and they are nearly identical to the left in terms of presentation and execution.

We all get emotional sometimes, but these guys have made it an art form.

because that's not what Americans value today. When people say he his outside the mainstream, they are correct. It doesn't make his positions inappropriate or undesirable. But he does not represent the views of anything more than a handful of Americans. If he did, we'd be seeing it in the polls.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

The FT doesn't eliminate the income tax. It only hopes the income tax is eliminated and relies on the good will of congress to initiate a repeal of the 16th amendment. It also creates a huge entitlement program, in the guise of their "prebate". Add in the fact that it does nothing to actually reduce spending and income redistribution and it's a recipe for a truly distasteful meal. The 0% income tax is a far better solution. Let government downsize and leave the producers alone.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The FT doesn't eliminate the income tax. It only hopes the income tax is eliminated and relies on the good will of congress to initiate a repeal of the 16th amendment. It also creates a huge entitlement program, in the guise of their "prebate". Add in the fact that it does nothing to actually reduce spending and income redistribution and it's a recipe for a truly distasteful meal. The 0% income tax is a far better solution. Let government downsize and leave the producers alone.

No tax alternative eliminates the income tax though. And there will be no elimination of the income tax without a replacement. Can we agree on that much?

The discussion needs to be framed correctly. I think when most people discuss alternatives to the current income tax structure, they'd so on the premise that it is a true alternative, a replacement, not simply an additional means of collecting revenue. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who wanted to revamp the current taxation paradigm that didn't include in his argument an implied elimination of the income tax.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why is it when we disagree with someone now days we do not debate the points off the disagreement. I see this especially on the left. Instead we do character assassination. here is a guy (Ron Paul) who want us to follow the constitution.

[snip]

As for character assassination, this forum is rife with it.

What's weird, is the desire to return to the gold standard. Economist, who typically never agree, unanimously agree that this is horrible idea.

Poll Results | IGM Forum

Our economy is way to advanced to retreat to this draconian method of currency. Ron Paul should stick to delivering babies.

What's weird is a 0% income tax. Personally, I like things like the FAA (not TSA!), DoD, NASA and a bunch of other abbreviations. :patriot: Right now, it's paying my bills.:):

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    No tax alternative eliminates the income tax though. And there will be no elimination of the income tax without a replacement. Can we agree on that much?

The discussion needs to be framed correctly. I think when most people discuss alternatives to the current income tax structure, they'd so on the premise that it is a true alternative, a replacement, not simply an additional means of collecting revenue. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who wanted to revamp the current taxation paradigm that didn't include in his argument an implied elimination of the income tax.

If you want to go that way, why not a Tariff? I'm not fond of any taxes, but this type is far better (in my limited understanding of our current economic system) than a national sales or income tax.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    As for character assassination, this forum is rife with it.

What's weird, is the desire to return to the gold standard. Economist, who typically never agree, unanimously agree that this is horrible idea.

Poll Results | IGM Forum

Our economy is way to advanced to retreat to this draconian method of currency. Ron Paul should stick to delivering babies.

It's a bad idea the same way cutting off a cocaine addict is a bad idea. In the short term, the results could be disastrous if not managed correctly. In the long term, it would be far better for everyone.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008

What???
    How can returning to the gold standard be a terrible idea? What's bad about our "money" or "currency" actually having some real value instead of the .gov simply telling us what it's "worth"? As of right now that green paper in your pocket is worth only what the federal reserve says it's worth, there is absolutely NOTHING to back it up, it's simply a perceived value.
    If our currency had some backing then you actually have something of value, the dolar becomes steady and more valuable abroad which in turn lets you buy more with it. (that's a simple explanation but its factual).

Right now our economy is nothing but smoke and mirrors, think about it, the federal reserve (a privately held banking establishment) is printing "US Federal Reserve Notes" by the billions and maybe trillions of "dollars", what exactly makes them worth whatever denomination that happens to be printed on them? There is no gold or anything "real" to back it up, so you tell me, what are they really worth, and why?

Last edited:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If you want to go that way, why not a Tariff? I'm not fond of any taxes, but this type is far better (in my limited understanding of our current economic system) than a national sales or income tax.

Tariffs pic winners and losers, and basically raise the cost of everything.

They also reduce our exports.

Not a big fan. I'd rather buy cheap labor, and sell as much of my product as I can to the world market.

With any tax system you'll have people trying to get over on each other. The trick is to try and minimize it as much as possible.

A national sales tax is the best way to reduce abuses. It's one tax, one number. Doesn't get a lot more simple than that.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Going back to the gold standard would totally bone anyone with any debt.

Your $100,000 mortgage that you thought was easily managable just became impossible to ever pay off.

Unless you want to re-value the currency, by doing an FDR bank holiday and taking everyone's stuff and giving them back "new" reserve notes.

Top Bottom