• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Boulder is hard to explain unless you know the town. I don't think there's anyplace quite like it in Indiana. Similar, but not quite.

Boulder is kind of like Madison, WI. It's the Berkeley of the Mountain States.

It doesn't surprise me that the cops there are easygoing like that. The citizens in Boulder wouldn't stand for aggressive policing, at all.

Now, if the guy had been smoking in his own business, or didn't have the minimum wage poster up in his place of business, he might have gotten tased.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Boulder is hard to explain unless you know the town. I don't think there's anyplace quite like it in Indiana. Similar, but not quite.

Boulder is kind of like Madison, WI. It's the Berkeley of the Mountain States.

It doesn't surprise me that the cops there are easygoing like that. The citizens in Boulder wouldn't stand for aggressive policing, at all.

Now, if the guy had been smoking in his own business, or didn't have the minimum wage poster up in his place of business, he might have gotten tased.

Wait, the citizens have an impact on the policing in their communities? I see a few folks here on INGO who are constantly deriding the police, why don't they do something about it by holding their elected leaders responsible? It would appear that it can be done.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILqc0DMh84k

Happened in Vegas. I doubt this would always work in other places but its a +1 to the two officers for acting very professionally. Not getting angry at being recorded, giving their names and personal numbers, and letting him go after he refused to answer their questions.

Wow that is a very mature way to act. Good grief!!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Wait, the citizens have an impact on the policing in their communities? I see a few folks here on INGO who are constantly deriding the police, why don't they do something about it by holding their elected leaders responsible? It would appear that it can be done.

Boulder is a rich area with a politically active and powerful citizenry. Different story in Denver, and several cases of brutality and thuggery over the last few years proves that out.

A better question might be, "Why do the police only behave themselves when there are consequences for behaving badly?"

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Boulder is a rich area with a politically active and powerful citizenry. Different story in Denver, and several cases of brutality and thuggery over the last few years proves that out.

A better question might be, "Why do the police only behave themselves when there are consequences for behaving badly?"

Because they're people with power. Simple.

And Boulder PD are traffic nazis just like in Denver.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Pshhh. I would be told to pull over and dragged out of that car in an instant. Then probably be brought up on some stupid charges like "disobeying an officer". This video seems almost fake.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wow that is a very mature way to act. Good grief!!

Then your beef is with the Supreme Court as that is exactly the way they would have you act.

Stop when they tell ya to stop, but stop running your yap to cops as your air is not a force field, ask if you are free to go, don't be rude when you do, and then leave when they say you are free to go.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

You nailed it: politically active. The political leaders and the citizens of any community set the tone for how things are done in that city. If the citizens aren't going to get involved and hold leaders accountable, who will?

Top Bottom