Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What was VERY interesting was how for the first few days during the siege, the reporting that was coming out of the scene was that the feds opened fire first. Then about a week into it, the story changed to the Branch Davidians opening fire first, and you couldn't find ANYTHING in the archives based on the earlier reports. If I hadn't had hard copies of it in the form of my newspaper I would have thought I imagined it. It was a chilling big-brother kind of moment. I'm not given to tinfoil hat conspiracies, but there was definitely a lot more going on there than the feds let on, especially after they excluded the news media from the area.

In "Cold Zero," a book written by an FBI HRT response member he talked a lot about that situation and it's a pretty good insight into the federal mindset at that time.

Before then I never would have thought to mistrust the government. After that event I never trusted it again.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    WACO = We Ain't Coming Out

I know several people who lived near the compound. What a botched job. If they wanted Koresh, they could've picked him up at the bank earlier that day. Or on the street and about town anytime during the week. But they decided to make a "splash", and boy did they.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    WACO = We Ain't Coming Out

I know several people who lived near the compound. What a botched job. If they wanted Koresh, they could've picked him up at the bank earlier that day. Or on the street and about town anytime during the week. But they decided to make a "splash", and boy did they.

It was budget time for ATF. You can't wait for a suspect to fall into your lap when it's budget time. Anyone watching that unfold and listening to the rhetoric from the alphabet agencies knew that they weren't going to let anyone out alive if they could help it. Shibumiseeker, you may remember the reports put out on Usenet groups around the same time about the Ruby Ridge trial. It was all too obvious that the same invading army siege mentality that led to the tragedy at Ruby Ridge was playing out again with the same federal agencies at Waco.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It was budget time for ATF. You can't wait for a suspect to fall into your lap when it's budget time. Anyone watching that unfold and listening to the rhetoric from the alphabet agencies knew that they weren't going to let anyone out alive if they could help it. Shibumiseeker, you may remember the reports put out on Usenet groups around the same time about the Ruby Ridge trial. It was all too obvious that the same invading army siege mentality that led to the tragedy at Ruby Ridge was playing out again with the same federal agencies at Waco.

I do remember the RR trial. We were getting daily reports from the courtroom on rec.guns and misc.survivalism and I kept thinking it had to be something that was being made up.

As much bad that came from those two incidents, it did help rein in the alphabet agencies who were well on their way to earning the stormtrooper moniker.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Did the feds ever find anything of the automatic weapons and large cache of ammo that was supposed to be in the compound? I do not remember ever seeing much except for a few burned up AKs. If the feds would have found what they said was there, you would have thought that it would have been plastered all over the news to justify their murder of the Branch Davidians. I was very surprise that they did not manufacture their own large cache of automatic weapons. I can remember during and after that we were told that we never saw what we thought that we saw during the siege and ultimate invasion.

Lucky for the Weaver family that some outsiders forced their way into the siege area to see for themselves what was going on or the truth would never have been known as to what really happened there. Randy Weaver was not a guy that I would have cared to know and he had to be an idiot to take some money from a stranger to saw the end from the barrel of a shotgun, but his family did, in no way, deserve what happened to them. I always thought it to be a little amusing when they displayed his arsenal in front of his compound (a few rifles and pistols with some ammo in front of a plywood shack).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did the feds ever find anything of the automatic weapons and large cache of ammo that was supposed to be in the compound?

Yep, they did. Legal warrant, legally attempted to be served. After being tipped off that the Feds were coming to serve said legal warrant, the Davidians began arming themselves.

I certainly think the ATF botched the raid, but there was going to be bloodshed of some sort anyway you look at how it could have unfolded. psychopaths and pedophiles, with guns, don't like it when the Feds come knockin.

Top Bottom