• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I, for one, am not particularly inclined toward any of the alternate theories about bringing down the buildings, but the government under two different administrations sure as the universe milked a good crisis unmercifully. Very few of the domestic measures have anything to do with combating any credible threat, but rather controlling us. We could eliminate the PATRIOT Act, DHS, molestation at the airport, and most of the paranoia and not be any worse off in terms of safety versus terrorism for doing so as demonstrated by the failure of these measures to deal with the problem while completely trashing our liberty.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm wondering what the hell happened to our country most days.

I'm not big into conspiracy theories - even though true blue conspiracies have existed in governments since man has been governed.

My concern for the future isn't when we'll get our liberty back - that isn't going to happen, my concern is what will they do when they want more? When they want to take more control, how will they top Sept. 11? Will there be a succession of small terrorist events? One big one?

I'm convinced that the loss of liberty is by design.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Wel,, let's see. We've got the first World Trade Towers bombing (1993). We had the beltway snipers, we had the shooters at Ft. Dix, we had the Ft. Hood massacre, we had the shootings at the recruiting station in Arkansas, we had the guy who tried to blow up his sneakers and the guy who tried to blow up his underwear. How many more incidents would YOU need to convince you that folks are trying to terrorize us? There are certainly elements in the government (hell, the whole "Administrative Branch" of government has a stake in bigger government) who will take advantage of any crisis to increase their power, but it's up to "we the people" to curb their power. To insist that the whole "terror thing" is a scam is typical hide-your-head-in-the-sand BS.

Greg Garrison likes to quote a line from Kevin Costner in some movie: "If you listen to a man long enough, he will tell you his intentions" or something along those lines. The people who want to terrorize us have made no secret of their intentions and goals, all we have to do is listen to them and observe what they do when they get the chance.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    What?

Huh?

Could you please leave me alone?

I am trying to figure out the colts roster.

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    No one can say for sure, we only have our own personal beliefs.

I am fairly certain the war on terror is a hoax, created by a corrupt government and constantly kindled by the same corrupt government.

Now I am not saying that every government official is corrupt, but I am sure that there are corrupt individuals in just about every branch of our government. Just as there are corrupt police officers, there has to be corrupt men and women in high places of power in the CIA, FBI, Congress, etc.....

The corruption is only natural, a part of being human and the lust for power and control. Money is the root of all evil. It's not just a silly truism or "old addage" from the past. Money is the root of all evil was written down in the bible with all the other out dated funky stuff we have all but forgotten here in the 21st century.

Wake up and smell the corruption, the USA is like the Titanic, it's the all mighty unsinkable ship that has slowly but surely been taking on water for over a hundred years now. In the beginning is was merely a trickle of water, now since the assassination of JFK, the water has been gushing into our midships like a summer storm runs down thru a desert valley. We are going down folks. Electing new "hope and change" presidents is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Ron Paul might not even be able to save us at this point, but I am sure he would do his best and try. Mute point now I suppose.

Well enough preaching for tonight...again, just my humble opinions. Oh and don't bother getting all hot and bothered at my opinions, they are after all, just that, my opinions.

Steve L

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wel,, let's see. We've got the first World Trade Towers bombing (1993). We had the beltway snipers, we had the shooters at Ft. Dix, we had the Ft. Hood massacre, we had the shootings at the recruiting station in Arkansas, we had the guy who tried to blow up his sneakers and the guy who tried to blow up his underwear. How many more incidents would YOU need to convince you that folks are trying to terrorize us? There are certainly elements in the government (hell, the whole "Administrative Branch" of government has a stake in bigger government) who will take advantage of any crisis to increase their power, but it's up to "we the people" to curb their power. To insist that the whole "terror thing" is a scam is typical hide-your-head-in-the-sand BS.

Greg Garrison likes to quote a line from Kevin Costner in some movie: "If you listen to a man long enough, he will tell you his intentions" or something along those lines. The people who want to terrorize us have made no secret of their intentions and goals, all we have to do is listen to them and observe what they do when they get the chance.

I think this sums it up. I don't think it is debatable what happened. We can debate whether our reaction was effective. Whether some changes need to be trimmed back. But to argue it never happened or that Dick Cheney was carrying barrels up in the towers for weeks without being noticed is to ignore the facts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, from 85 to 91, I personally remember delivering Spec-op guys around the world. (No I'm not a sniper wanna be, just a sub driver). The war on terror was hot way back then. Govt didn't want to scare anyone.

I remember olympics hostage massacre. And a crap load of airplanes taken over. In the 70s.

Seems to me the war on terror has been going on a while.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    I think this sums it up. I don't think it is debatable what happened. We can debate whether our reaction was effective. Whether some changes need to be trimmed back. But to argue it never happened or that Dick Cheney was carrying barrels up in the towers for weeks without being noticed is to ignore the facts.

I don't think anyone doesn't think these things have happened, it's just that when laws such as the 'Patriot Act' are lying in the wings, ready to be enacted it causes one to pause.

It's not that the events didn't occur, it's just how much the 'sheeple' are made to cry for 'safety' and ask for our rights to be taken away that it causes one to question if there was some collaboration of foreknowledge.

Questions have never been answered, just belittled.

Top Bottom