Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

make you feel safe?

Damn good read. Wish more people understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

I wonder if he would be more in fear of Martin than Zimmerman?

That article expresses my thoughts almost exactly. I don't hate cops, but I definitely feel less safe every time one is around.
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That article expresses my thoughts almost exactly. I don't hate cops, but I definitely feel less safe every time one is around.
    Does that make us weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

I don't feel safer around police. Very good read.

I'm in the same boat as most of y'all. I don't hate cops, but I certainly don't feel safer around them (just the opposite, really!), nor do I bow and scrape to them as it seems most of them think they deserve. I'll respect a man or woman who has earned that respect, but I'll be damned if I will cower and simper just because someone thinks they have the right to DEMAND respect because they have a badge.

I do my best to avoid cops as much as possible these days. I won't argue that there are some (now a minority, IMO) who truly do feel that they are there to 'protect and serve' and not stomp on Joe & Jane Average's rights - but I have yet to meet any of them personally. But that whole "I'm going to disarm you for my safety' thing is ...well, you know what it is. Who's going to protect MY safety, when I am the one who is feeling like my life is in danger due to your actions, buddy? That's what I thought. No one has MY back out there on the road. You have armor and 100 cars just a radio call away to back up what ever boneheaded move you are about to make. Not so the rest of us.

I apologize for this rant to the few men and women who do a good job and who really are there for the people, to protect them and serve their communities.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This article is the truth

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast