• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Just saw this. I would've said no to the search. Maybe make some kissy faces and blow a raspberry at them...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    2 loaded firearms constitutes evidence of bank robbery? Just asking, not that I know anyone who would
    whistle.gif
    , but what kind of crime does say 4 loaded firearms point to? Uh, I'll be right back, I think I left my wallet, yea that's it my wallet, in the car.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They found the robber. That means they'll call this a "success" and use it as a valid reason why this sort of egregious abuse of power should not only be allowed but encouraged. After all, the ends always justify the means, right?

Everyone involved with this travesty should be fired for civil rights violations.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I am glad that the suspect was apprehended. I am concerned that the end will have justified the means. No description would have made suspects of everyone just for being at that intersection? Was the fact that the man had 2 guns in the car proof positive that he was the man for whom they were looking? I can see how a coincidence of being armed in one's vehicle at this time and place could put one in an nearly undefendable position(was on the way to the store sounds weak).

I wonder what they would have done with any that had denied the search of their vehicles? LE asked permission to search the vehicles but had handcuffed the people. Seems to me that if they had the authority and justification to handcuff the people, they had the same authority and justification to search the vehicles. Conversely, if they needed the search to be consensual, they had no authority or justification to handcuff the people. Which is it?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am glad that the suspect was apprehended. I am concerned that the end will have justified the means. No description would have made suspects of everyone just for being at that intersection? Was the fact that the man had 2 guns in the car proof positive that he was the man for whom they were looking? I can see how a coincidence of being armed in one's vehicle at this time and place could put one in an nearly undefendable position(was on the way to the store sounds weak).

I wonder what they would have done with any that had denied the search of their vehicles? LE asked permission to search the vehicles but had handcuffed the people. Seems to me that if they had the authority and justification to handcuff the people, they had the same authority and justification to search the vehicles. Conversely, if they needed the search to be consensual, they had no authority or justification to handcuff the people. Which is it?

Officer safety.
    Think of the children.
    What do you have to hide?

Pick one.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Officer safety. It's a dangerous job with inherenrt risks, embrace it... You'll sleep better.

Think of the children. I am, I do not believe we want the children thinking that this kind of action is right...

What do you have to hide? I tend to be a private individual who has strong feelings for my curtilage and do not appreciate people tossing my vehicle or coming to my house going through our chest of drawers coonfingering our unmentionables... Same difference in my mind.

Pick one.

If my Lady was shackled on the side of the road, her crime being driving through this intersection. I would be very displeased.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    If my Lady was shackled on the side of the road, her crime being driving through this intersection. I would be very displeased.

Make sure she knows better than to drive on the same roads as criminals so she doesn't get caught up in this kind of stuff. When will people finally learn that hanging out where criminals hang out will have negative consequences...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    William Pitt wisely observed that necessity is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves. Jefferson stated with similar wisdom that a government powerful enough to give you anything you want (presumably including 'safety') is powerful enough to take everything you have (including freedom). Washington declared that government, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Where are leaders like this when we need them? Oh yes...never mind.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Well, with the massive amounts of laws on the books, I'm quite certain that every one of those citizens who were detained, were, in fact criminals.

Edit: I don't know how the smiley got into my post. Stupid Iphone.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    While this incident is somewhat troubling, a "reliable" source provided reasonable suspicion of an armed felon being at the intersection. Pretty broad approach considering there was no description of the suspect or vehicle. Question is, was it "reasonable?"

Top Bottom