• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    My dad got one called "Mao, the Unknown Story". Im reading it right now and its pretty revealing.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Have any folks here had some good reads lately?

Here is one I completed recently...

Amazon.com: A Return to Common Sense (9780578006833): Thomas Mullen: Books

I highly recommend it to those that appreciate the foundations upon which the republic was founded.

Anybody have some reads they would recommend?

These book aren't new, but they are indeed good reads:

Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley
    Flyboys by James Bradley

I learned a tremendous amount of history that I had not been taught in both of them. Flyboys does have some gruesome content.

I am getting ready to read The Imperial Cruise by him as well

Last edited:

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I just finished reading "To Try Men's Souls", and "Valley Forge" Both books on Washington by Newt Gingrich and William Forstchen.

I am not a fan of Newt the politician, but I fell in love with these books, and I recommend them to all.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Some great recommendations... KEEP THEM COMING!

I'm trying to put together a list so that when I go looking for the next reads I have a list to choose from instead of wandering around the bookstore or the net.

BTW, Hitler's Cross is another recent good read.

Liberty and Tyranny by Levin is another.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Current read

I'm currently reading
    "The Amateur Barack Obama In The White House"

It reiterates much of what we already know and, so far, has provided additional insight into what a disloyal, deceitful person the man really is. It's been at the top of the New York Times Bestseller list for a while now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Don't laugh, but I read "Hunger Games" recently. :) It was really pretty good, and more than a little subversive, which I find ironic. I'm not sure yet if it was intentionally so, or not.

Also, I read Ayn Rand's novella "Anthem." It kinda sucked. I mean, in its time (1937), it was probably very forward-thinking. But, with all the dystopian fiction (and some non-fiction) available, including "Hunger Games," it just doesn't measure up. (I got it for free on my Android, though, so the price was right.) :)

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I'm currently reading
    "The Amateur Barack Obama In The White House"

It reiterates much of what we already know and, so far, has provided additional insight into what a disloyal, deceitful person the man really is. It's been at the top of the New York Times Bestseller list for a while now.

If you want some insights into the jackass in chief, here is an excellent read:

Amazon.com: The Roots of Obama's Rage: Dinesh D'Souza: Books

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Anybody have some reads they would recommend?

Common Sense is a short, good read if you want to be in the shoes of an old timer immigrant, written by more of a patriot than your average day legal American citizen.

Rise and Fall of the Confederacy by Jefferson Davis is eye opening, and very well written, plus it's free if you have a kindle. I'm not all the way through it yet, but it has been enlightening and fascinating.

And if you want to read some great fictional books, the Dark Tower Series is tough to beat, in my opinion...but these days, real life is about as ridiculous and entertaining as anything in the fictional realm, so...

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Common Sense is a short, good read if you want to be in the shoes of an old timer immigrant, written by more of a patriot than your average day legal American citizen.

Rise and Fall of the Confederacy by Jefferson Davis is eye opening, and very well written, plus it's free if you have a kindle. I'm not all the way through it yet, but it has been enlightening and fascinating.

And if you want to read some great fictional books, the Dark Tower Series is tough to beat, in my opinion...but these days, real life is about as ridiculous and entertaining as anything in the fictional realm, so...

Common Sense is an excellent read. I pick it up from time to time and re read it. To say it is written by more of a patriot that your average day legal American citizen may well be the understatement of the year!

The Rise and Fall of the Confederacy sounds like it would be an outstanding read! That one is definitely on the list!

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I am still reading Atlas Shrugged. It has been about a year now. I usually stop reading during the spring time due to working in a garden center. I am half way through, so far I love it.

Top Bottom