• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    BTW, it is worth noting this from Representative Steve Stemler who does not walk off of the job:

Lone House Democrat out of step with party walkout » News » News From Terre Haute, Indiana

From the article:

Among them, as Stemler said: “If you take a job, you better show up and get your work done.”

Even if that work is sometimes unpleasant.

Though I suspect there is much with with which I would disagree in Mr. Stemler's politicial positions, I respect him for this attitude.

PS Please let the record show that I just defended a democrat.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Also not unlike what happened when Bush was in office and the republicrats walked out. Both of them engage in childish behaviour.

True.

There is really virtually ZERO difference between the two major parties and very few of the individuals in the parties are respectable.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Also not unlike what happened when Bush was in office and the republicrats walked out. Both of them engage in childish behaviour.

True.

There is really virtually ZERO difference between the two major parties and very few of the individuals in the parties are respectable.

Let me be clear. I wouldnt mind if most of the members of both parties took a long stoll on a short dock.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yeah I agree. Both parties wether you like to admit it or not do use the same tactics to accomplish their goals.

Amazingly enough, only one party generally gets excoriated for using such tactics. AFAIC, if the other guy is going to fight dirty, the only rational response is to fight harder, fight dirtier, and be the winner in the end. Lee Attwater, although he repented of it as he was dying, had the right attitude toward politics in Washington DC.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Amazingly enough, only one party generally gets excoriated for using such tactics. AFAIC, if the other guy is going to fight dirty, the only rational response is to fight harder, fight dirtier, and be the winner in the end. Lee Attwater, although he repented of it as he was dying, had the right attitude toward politics in Washington DC.

Blackhawk just said it. Republicans are irrational.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Arg! Outta rep.

Bearing that in mind, I hope we can oust Crybaby Boehner from the Majority Leader position next Congress.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    BTW, it is worth noting this from Representative Steve Stemler who does not walk off of the job:

Lone House Democrat out of step with party walkout » News » News From Terre Haute, Indiana

From the article:

Among them, as Stemler said: “If you take a job, you better show up and get your work done.”

Though I suspect there is much with with which I would disagree in Mr. Stemler's politicial positions, I respect him for this attitude.

We we all examined everything from a lense of wrong and right, we'll find ourselved being for and against both political parties at times.

I get sick of all of this walking out stuff. Sit at the table and talk! They may not win, but that is what they are paid to do. :xmad:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have to giggle at the commercials trying to throw Mourdock's "no compromise" words back at him. Hell NO! I don't want him to compromise. Kick their butts and push them back over a cliff! Look at what "compromise" with Democrats has bought us; have ANY of the Justices of the Supreme Court appointed by Democrats turned on their sponsors? No more Mr & Mrs Nice Guy in Congress. Fight it out and win!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

From the article:

Maybe he's in an extremely tight reelection fight. The leadership understands this and will let some act as "rebels" to show the folks back home they're aren't owned by somebody.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I get sick of all of this walking out stuff. Sit at the table and talk! They may not win, but that is what they are paid to do. :xmad:

I will gladly pay these guys regardless of party to do nothing. The only time our liberty is safe is when the knuckle heads are not doing anything.

Sorry I screwed up Que's quote. Fat fingers

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Democrats walk out to protest House contempt vote against Holder - latimes.com

Not unlike what happens in Indiana, when dems don't like what is going on they simply say they are going to take their ball and go home.

I view it as every one of them just turned their back on Brian Terry and his family. EVERY one of them.

And that video of them marching out? Do a voice over saying: "These Democrats turned their backs on Brian Terry. Let's turn our back on them in November." The NRA needs to run that spot.....over and over.....

Top Bottom