• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Obama's handlers have delivered to him a new Executive Order to sign.

The latest Presidential Executive Order gives the Federal Government control over all private forms of communication, if they so desire to take it. It explicitly named seizing all infrastructure for wireline, wireless, satellite, cable, broadcasting, and the Internet.

The Pentagon, among others, is in charge of ensuring the plan in implemented. DHS will be the enforcers of the plan.

Obama gives himself control of all communication systems in America — RT
    In order to allow the White House to reach anyone within the US, the president has put forth a plan to establish a high-level committee calling from agents with the Department of Homeland Security, Pentagon, Federal Communications Commission and other government divisions to ensure that his new executive order can be implemented.

In explaining the order, the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) writes that the president has authorized the DHS "the authority to seize private facilities when necessary, effectively shutting down or limiting civilian communications."

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Here is the MO for seemingly ANY thread put on INGO announcing something controversial in which the government is engaged.

• Denial
    • "The other side of the aisle did the same thing and no one complained then!"
    • Be accused of needing to wear a tinfoil hat
    • Some minor detail (a typo perhaps) will cause one to render the whole article as being inaccurate
    • Alex Jones = conspiracy theory (ever notice the first word after 'conspiracy' is always 'theory?' (I guess there never has been nor will there ever be a conspiracy))

IMHO, some people are happy with the blue pill.

picture.php

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Here is the MO for seemingly ANY thread put on INGO announcing something controversial in which the government is engaged.

• Denial
    • "The other side of the aisle did the same thing and no one complained then!"
    • Be accused of needing to wear a tinfoil hat
    • Some minor detail (a typo perhaps) will cause one to render the whole article as being inaccurate
    • Alex Jones = conspiracy theory (ever notice the first word after 'conspiracy' is always 'theory?' (I guess there never has been nor will there ever be a conspiracy)

IMHO, some people are happy with the blue pill.

picture.php

Or the physics involved in trying to accomplish controlling communications.

The .gov relies on amateur radio during emergencies. There are already laws that keep local governments from interfering with the installation of amateur radio antennas and towers.

I would use this new law as ammo to fight HOA restrictions.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ahh...the good ol' Russia Today. Tried and true Soviet era propaganda at its finest.

Foreign news outlets cynically bash America's new emergency communications executive order | ZDNet
    None of the big American-based propaganda networks even bothered to cover the story; which is common for stories like these. Americans' attention is being diverted elsewherejust like when the NDAA was signed.

If you don't like RT, that's fine. I'm pretty blown away by that ZDNet article you posted though. Do you share these opinions of the Executive Order??

After praising the order as a "good thing," the article goes on to say foreign news outlets, including the Canadians, are "naysaying American progress." :n00b:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Or the physics involved in trying to accomplish controlling communications.

The .gov relies on amateur radio during emergencies. There are already laws that keep local governments from interfering with the installation of amateur radio antennas and towers.

I would use this new law as ammo to fight HOA restrictions.

Just curious here... But how would you fight the conditions of a valid contract that you knowingly and willingly signed?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just curious here... But how would you fight the conditions of a valid contract that you knowingly and willingly signed?

Best example I can think of is a case several years ago in which the covenant on the property forbade selling to a black. It went to court and the covenant went straight to the trash can based on a private contract not being sufficient to contradict state and federal laws against discrimination even though the contract predated the applicable laws. It seems remarkably similar in nature so far as application of the law is concerned, so if there is a conflict with federal law I would expect that portion of the HOA to be nullified when it hits court.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne

I go to the meetings, I am the guy who helps when volunteers are needed. I am the guy who knocks on your door at 10pm and reminds you that you left your garage door open. I am the guy who started a Facebook page to help with communications for the hood. When I make reasonable suggestions they get heard.

I will say that the laws are already there for local governments and many states already have laws applying to HOA's maybe we should change our bylaws now to allow a reasonably sized antenna. An HOA can not restrict a TV antenna by law now that we are all digital btw.

If that does not work I can lobby state reps.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Section 1. Policy. The Federal Government must have the ability to communicate at all times and under all circumstances to carry out its most critical and time sensitive missions. Survivable, resilient, enduring, and effective communications, both domestic and international, are essential to enable the executive branch to communicate within itself and with: the legislative and judicial branches; State, local, territorial, and tribal governments; private sector entities; and the public, allies, and other nations. Such communications must be possible under all circumstances to ensure national security, effectively manage emergencies, and improve national resilience. The views of all levels of government, the private and nonprofit sectors, and the public must inform the development of national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) communications policies, programs, and capabilities.

Clearly the intent is to facilitate emcomm. The .gov relies on amateur radio for this. Our HOA can not restrict a TV antenna does it make sense to restrict a similar antenna that could be used during an emergency like this last 91 mph windstorm or that ice storm 3 years ago?

I will run it up the flag pole and let you all know how it goes.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Clearly the intent is to facilitate emcomm. The .gov relies on amateur radio for this. Our HOA can not restrict a TV antenna does it make sense to restrict a similar antenna that could be used during an emergency like this last 91 mph windstorm or that ice storm 3 years ago?

I will run it up the flag pole and let you all know how it goes.

Your antenna is a weapon and it hurts property values.

Top Bottom