• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Anaheim cops used shotguns to fire beanbag rounds toward men, women and children, and unleashed an attack dog on a woman with a stroller. Residents were upset an protesting a fatal officer-involved shooting that happened earlier in the day.

Police tried to "buy" the videos recorded of their attack.

Good grief. :n00b:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MST4RhWdlMQ[/ame]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Saw this earlier. Of course the attackers will get medals and things will continue as they usually do for these thugs. When there's no accountability or consequences you can get away with anything.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I know we don't see what happened previously, but anyone that fire LESS THAN LETHAL (note: these items can still be lethal, especially at that range) into a crowd that has children, needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I wonder if the powers that be realize that, if the general public pulls it collective head out of its fourth point of contact, this crap will cease?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    unleashed an attack dog on a woman with a stroller

A new Glock says that at deposition the K-9 handler will testify:

1. Officer safety,
    2. the infant was making a furtive gesture,
    3. Officer Chompy smelled pills in the stroller,
    4. All of the above.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A new Glock says that at deposition the K-9 handler will testify:

1. Officer safety,
    2. the infant was making a furtive gesture,
    3. Officer Chompy smelled pills in the stroller,
    4. All of the above.

Kirk, I wish there were at least enough of a pretense of ethical conduct sufficient to take you up on that wager, but I can't see any other outcome, no matter how implausible it may be.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Saw this earlier. Of course the attackers will get medals and things will continue as they usually do for these thugs. When there's no accountability or consequences you can get away with anything.

mrjarrell you are too much. Off the deep end again, medals, really. Try stepping back from the computer and take the crack pipe out of your mouth before you post.

This looks really bad. It appears the police overstepped. You can defiantly see a K9 attack inappropriately. Its bad, but on top of bad we dont need the over the top liberal banter from you we get from the liberal media. Please do us all a favor and take a step back and make some reasonable comments for a change.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    mrjarrell you are too much. Off the deep end again, medals, really. Try stepping back from the computer and take the crack pipe out of your mouth before you post.

This looks really bad. It appears the police overstepped. You can defiantly see a K9 attack inappropriately. Its bad, but on top of bad we dont need the over the top liberal banter from you we get from the liberal media. Please do us all a favor and take a step back and make some reasonable comments for a change.
    My comment was based in reality and previous incidents. Nothing will be done to these out of control thugs and they'll all get "attaboys" from their fellow gang members. Commendations aren't unlikely, either, as we have seen in previous cases of abuse. I can't help it that you fail to pay attention.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    My comment was based in reality and previous incidents. Nothing will be done to these out of control thugs and they'll all get "attaboys" from their fellow gang members. Commendations aren't unlikely, either, as we have seen in previous cases of abuse. I can't help it that you fail to pay attention.

Oh I have been paying attention. Police forces thought out the country have been doing some pretty out of control stuff. Attention needs to be drawn to the officers and departments that are over stepping their bounds. No doubt. With the media crazed and taking every opportunity to dramatize every incident both by police and citizens we need to tone down the same kind of statements for dramatic effect that the liberal media uses and actually take a look at what is happening. If everyone is out of control then we lose on all fronts.

PS: I apologize for the crack pipe statement, it was out of line.

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Damn. Doesn't anybody go surfing anymore? If I lived anywhere near Anaheim, I'd take the 45 minute drive to Laguna or somewhere.

It's safer with sharks swimming around in the water.

Such a shame California, we'll miss you.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    What a complicated mess... It would appear we did not get all of the factors that resulted in the action, not having the benefit of watching the event from start to finish. This was definitely a mismatch and we as people seem to abhor mismatches and pull for the underdog.

To me, it seems woefully wrong to point a shotgun(even with beanbag ammo) at anyone who is not posing a threat to your life. Are we civilians offered this solution as a means of conflict resolution? Had the crowd become unruly to the point where control was necessary? Again, hard to tell from the video snip. The fact that children were present does not necessarily make the situation less dangerous. How many videos have we seen where shooters are using women and children as shields?

I do know that there are things I can do at the workplace that will get me "walked out" on a permanent basis, with no hope of reinstatement, that pales in comparison to the stuff we watch again and again on these videos. I find this to be perplexing. There does not appear to be any meaningful solution that will be exercised any time soon.

Did it appear to anyone else that the K9 handler had possibly lost control of the leash and had an "oh ____" kind of look about him as he attempted to regain control of the dog?

Thatguythere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Monrovia,In
    It did appear the K9 cop had an oh sh*t moment and lost the handle of his dog.
    I don't like videos like this. There is only the one side. It is not uncommon for people to use women and children as props. Then cry and say "look there shooting at our women and children!".

I would like to see the whole story.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    It did appear the K9 cop had an oh sh*t moment and lost the handle of his dog.
    I don't like videos like this. There is only the one side. It is not uncommon for people to use women and children as props. Then cry and say "look there shooting at our women and children!".

I would like to see the whole story.

I hate to say it, but it is pretty clear LTL rounds being fired into a crowd with numerous children, poor muzzle awareness, and a complete lack of technical/tactical proficency. In fact, I see a bunch of future meter maids in that bunch.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    What a complicated mess... It would appear we did not get all of the factors that resulted in the action, not having the benefit of watching the event from start to finish. This was definitely a mismatch and we as people seem to abhor mismatches and pull for the underdog.

To me, it seems woefully wrong to point a shotgun(even with beanbag ammo) at anyone who is not posing a threat to your life. Are we civilians offered this solution as a means of conflict resolution? Had the crowd become unruly to the point where control was necessary? Again, hard to tell from the video snip. The fact that children were present does not necessarily make the situation less dangerous. How many videos have we seen where shooters are using women and children as shields?

I do know that there are things I can do at the workplace that will get me "walked out" on a permanent basis, with no hope of reinstatement, that pales in comparison to the stuff we watch again and again on these videos. I find this to be perplexing. There does not appear to be any meaningful solution that will be exercised any time soon.

Did it appear to anyone else that the K9 handler had possibly lost control of the leash and had an "oh ____" kind of look about him as he attempted to regain control of the dog?

Protesters storm Anaheim police station in wake of fatal shooting - latimes.com

^^^ This is what was going on prior to the fun-for-the-whole-family less than lethal/Officer Chompy ordeal. The LA Times story may or may not be the actual truth. The protesters may have been peaceful. They may have been idiots. Without all of the details, both sides were probably showing some idiotic behavior.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Thanks for the link Sepe. It gave me the impression that the tension is high and there have been weekly protests outside the police station while an independent review of alleged "major police incidents" is in process.

The first report said the dog was unleashed. The link you provided stated the dog got free from an officer's vehicle and charged the crowd. Oops...

As an additional thought, probably never a good idea to throw bottles and rocks at LEOs...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    To add to the Sepe-provided info: Angry Anaheim crowd threw bottles at police, set fires on streets - latimes.com

Authorities said the crowd threw bottles and set fires at an intersection, and police used non-lethal force to disperse them.

Police were called back to the area later in the evening because a group had blocked the intersection of North Anna Drive and La Palma Avenue with trashcans.

"We’ve been called back to the intersection because they’ve blocked the roadway and lit several fires there," he said.

Once again, representation of "wronged" party misses the mark.

Top Bottom