Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

User Info Menu

Like the old days when you could walk into your local hardware store and walk out with your favorite firearm without anything more than handing over cash. (or credit card or check depending on your liking).

Expert

User Info Menu

Like before the Congress translated Hitlers gun laws into English and enacted them in the
    U.S.A.?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
    Like before the Congress translated Hitlers gun laws into English and enacted them in the
    U.S.A.?
    Exactly!
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Like the old days when you could walk into your local hardware store and walk out with your favorite firearm without anything more than handing over cash. (or credit card or check depending on your liking).
    Those days were well before credit cards, my son.
    "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." Robert A. Heinlein

User Info Menu

I spent most of my life thinking ammo magazines larger than 15 rounds were not legal. What happen and when?

Exciting is a hunter who goes rabbit hunting with an AK47 and 50 round magazine. Point, pull the trigger and search for the fur when it's over. Everyone needs a few.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBI812 View Post
    I spent most of my life thinking ammo magazines larger than 15 rounds were not legal. What happen and when?

Exciting is a hunter who goes rabbit hunting with an AK47 and 50 round magazine. Point, pull the trigger and search for the fur when it's over. Everyone needs a few.
    Do you have a point?
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001 View Post
    Those days were well before credit cards, my son.
    Not so much. There were some stores that had store credit cards (sort of) dating back to the 18th century. Depending on the business, cards (not credit accounts) started in the middle 1910s. Depending on the city and store, you could have very well gotten a Thompson and paid with a credit card.
    We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

GOA has a site to contact your Senators here: http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/a...ertid=61611571
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sepe View Post
    Not so much. There were some stores that had store credit cards (sort of) dating back to the 18th century. Depending on the business, cards (not credit accounts) started in the middle 1910s. Depending on the city and store, you could have very well gotten a Thompson and paid with a credit card.
    Correct, the proper term for most cards back then were"charge cards".
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."
    Thomas Jefferson

www.military-arms.com

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBI812 View Post

Apparently, you not paid the least bit of attention. The 'Brady' bill of
    '94 banned the manufacture of magazines over 10 rounds or the import of magazines over 10 rds if made after the bill became law.
    This law also banned bayonet lugs (all those drive-by bayonetings) flash
    hiders, pistol grips and a whole bunch of features that don't make a bit of difference on the function of the guns targeted.
    What it did not ban was the import of older mags so millions were sold
    as surplus.
    In all, the law did nothing to lessen crime in the USA. Luckily there were
    a few conservative Reps in congress that managed to write in a sunset
    clause for 2004 and the law expired.
    As to your point of the purpose of these mags, they have little to do with
    hunting and more to do with the Second Amendment militia clause which was
    adopted to preserve the balance of power between the government and the
    governed
    Besides, if someone wants to slaughter rabbits a pump shotgun and some
    goose loads will do just fine...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5