Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Smile Monday = NATIONAL EMPTY CHAIR DAY... send a photo from your yard

Seems there is a new grass roots phenomena. Its spawning NATIONAL EMPTY CHAIR DAY and also something in the cities called EASTWOODING.

'Eastwooding' in the Big Apple: New Yorkers vent their frustration at empty chair one day after Clint Eastwood's bizarre RNC speech

While the Twitterverse wondered what Mitt Romney’s campaign aides were smoking when they let Clint improvise, the News set up shop outside the Staten Island Ferry terminal.

Read more: 'Eastwooding' in the Big Apple: New Yorkers vent their frustration at empty chair one day after Clint Eastwood's bizarre RNC speech - NY Daily News

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE. VARIOUS WEBSITES ARE NOW ASKING YOU TO SEND THEM YOUR PHOTOS OF A CHAIR IN YOUR FRONT YARD ON MONDAY.

Who knew an empty chair could expose so much :whistling:

Send me your “empty chair” photos on Monday, and I’ll run them. » Monday – Empty Chair Day - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

The Twitter hashtag is #EmptyChairDay

Seems that there is an effort to make Monday “empty chair day”

Below is an image of my front lawn, just mowed, to ensure the emptychair looks right. The sign next to the chair says:

“We own this country . . . Politicians are employees of ours . . . And when somebody does not do the job, we’ve got to let them go.” –Clint Eastwood

Master

User Info Menu

grass roots phenomena...
    Funny never heard of it till just now.
    don't think I'll be participating in this non-sense.
    no longer a member

User Info Menu

So is it romney sitting in obamas lap or obama sitting in romneys lap.

I only see one chair.
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."
    Thomas Jefferson

www.military-arms.com

User Info Menu

I have a few empty chairs in my yard....I just need to figure out which one I don't mind throwing away after I send in a picture of it piled high with the dog (aka shovel-ready program) from around the yard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

User Info Menu

Monday is Labor Day. Sorta already a big deal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey View Post
    grass roots phenomena...
    Funny never heard of it till just now.
    don't think I'll be participating in this non-sense.

Pretty much this.

I have empty chairs in my yard all year around.