• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    TSA agents were filmed doings some sort of liquid dip test to people's beverages while sitting inside the Columbus airport terminal, after they've been screened, while waiting to board the plane.

From the video description:

09/02/2012: While waiting in the Columbus OH airport for our flight to Oakland, I couldnt help but notice the two TSA women that were "testing" any and all liquids that people had in their hands. Now remember that this is inside the terminal, well beyond the security check and purchased inside the terminal...just people waiting to get on the plane. My wife and son came back from a coffee shop just around the corner, then we were approached. I asked them what they were doing. One of the TSA ladies said that they were checking for explosive chemicals (as we are drinking them).I said "really..inside the terminal? You have got to be kidding me". I asked them if they wanted to swab us all. She responded with something like, yes sometimes we need to do that. I then asked if she wanted a urine sample...none the less, the TSA is way out of control. I understand that my ranting to one of these $11.00 per hour TSA goons probably does nothing, but you have to say something. Whats next...perhaps the TSA will come to your home prior to your drive to the airport? The police state of the US is OUT OF CONTROL!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZUZdJiI-Q

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Might not have been a bad idea. The Columbus airport isn't all that far from The Ohio State University. :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    People are also pointing out that while they are wearing latex gloves, they are consecutively handling different people's drinks. This is just wrong on every level. Its all about slave training.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Would this not also go against the last line of the Fifth? "... nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

If they would make a case against you because of the 'testing'. And if TSA wishes to contaminate my beverage with a 'test strip' they're gonna need to cough up $5.00.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What would they do if you finished your drink quickly and handed them the empty cup? I'm guessing it would create a problem for them and they'd give you some grief because of it.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    :ugh:

Sad thing is, I bet these two ladies actually believe that what they are doing is helping fight against terrorism. (Don't even think we are allowed to use that term anymore.)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    :ugh:

Sad thing is, I bet these two ladies actually believe that what they are doing is helping fight against terrorism. (Don't even think we are allowed to use that term anymore.)

I'm sure you're right...and I'm sure most or all of those complying without batting an eye think the same thing.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Wait a minute...where did the get those drinks? Don't the TSA take anything over three oz.
    These gotta be airport issue...

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    If anyone is curious, this is the reason why they do this test...

2006 transatlantic aircraft plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm no fan but with bad guys in the world, this is a necessary evil. With no security or random checks (to keep things....random) every crazy whaco would leave the movie theaters and Sikh temples, head straight to American or United and effective kill the airline industry.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    If anyone is curious, this is the reason why they do this test...

2006 transatlantic aircraft plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm no fan but with bad guys in the world, this is a necessary evil. With no security or random checks (to keep things....random) every crazy whaco would leave the movie theaters and Sikh temples, head straight to American or United and effective kill the airline industry.

Yes I am well aware of those plots as I think most people are. I remember going throught security the morning after that happened and had to throw every liquid and gel I had into an overfull garbage can.
    I still don't see how these two ladies testing liquids in the sterile area helps keep us safe. I travel quite often and am through airports constantly and have never seen them do this. My guess is you're right, this is randomn because this is what TSA would do. The problem is this doesn't happen enough to really catch anyone or become a deterrent. Also, there should be more targeted screening, which is happening more now. Even TSA Director Jon Pistol (sp?) slipped up and admitted that, even though it's not politically correct.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'm 100% for targeted searches but if you don't heavily screen certain folks, bad guys will try to exploit that. Not that it's a threat but even airline stewardesses have been busted carrying large amounts of drugs when they were not geting checked thoroughly....thats why things need to be random and should check even the "trusted" people, even in the secured area. With a lot of immigrants from the middle east working at airports, I'm surprised they haven't caught more bad guys plotting/working to sneak threats around security.

It would be nice if they had an "Intention Detector"

Top Bottom