• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We are all aware of rising temperatures.There is quite a bit of data that proves temperatures are rising.It can not be denied.It is reality.

If we do not pass climate legislation and a carbon tax we are all DOOMED.
    Human activity is heating the planet and soon the ice caps will melt and weather events will be more extreme.It is all your fault,now pay me some money to fix this!

That is right,Mars is experiencing the hottest summer ever recorded.The carbon Ice caps have been steadily melting since 2002!Those damn rovers!

Global Warming: A Convenient Lie | Global Research

The link is to an article that sheds a little more light on the sun being responsible for global warming.With links to the Mars data,which is warming even faster than the earth.

Should I still want to pay a carbon tax to help prevent all the human caused warming on Mars?

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    That is right,Mars is experiencing the hottest summer ever recorded.The carbon Ice caps have been steadily melting since 2002!Those damn rovers!

Should I still want to pay a carbon tax to help prevent all the human caused warming on Mars?

Must be that Mars rover Curiosity, it is producing all of those carbon gases and creating global warming on Mars.

The sun, it has nothing to do with global warming, it's just a small point of light in the sky. :rolleyes:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Oh my, smokingman, reading the teaser I was winding up to blast you with multiple barrels; now I have all this venom and no place to spew it. Guess I'll go over to the DNC thread . . .

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    We absolutly have global climate change

ITS CALLED NATURE and it happens

All this climate bs is about nothing more than control.
    Whos to say what the peferect temprature of the planet should be anyway ?

I did my part for the planet yrs ago when I took the 3 catalytic converters off my car :D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was told that long ago the state of Indiana was under a sheet of ice nearly a mile thick. Am guessing that the farts from Mastodons were the original cause of global warming.

Funny, we were under a sheet of ice thousands of years ago, we are not today. Must be our fault!

Will someone have a word with the sun and tell it that these warming cycles that it goes through will no longer be put up with.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Please don't rely on 9/11 truther sites for your scientific information. That site is the Canadian version of InfoWars.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    30 years ago they were yelling global cooling and predicting the next ice age was upon us. They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

I realize you are just feverishly googling, but you should at least give a glance to the links you post. The links contradict each other, by the way.

The NASA link involves meteorological changes on Mars as a result in shifting winds and dust storms. A physical change on the surface of Mars affecting its ability to reflect light - albedo.

Albedo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Rooskie is a nutter, alone in his opinion. None of his work has survived the rigors of peer review. There simply isn't any data to review. That story spread around right wing blogs for a while before fizzling out. Of course, that piece is part of his proof of the coming ice age - in 2014.

Blogs - Local Group - Astronomy - Astronomy Community

A testable prediction by a nutter – Stoat

Mars isn't warming.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-on-mars.htm

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v446/n7136/abs/nature05718.html

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    It's a good thing we have you around to set folks straight based on your vast experience, data, and research.

Well, thee quarters of his statement is irrefutable.

726550746cb529ce79aa01bc6dc35139_500.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At what point do the holes in a hunk of swiss cheese get to be so large and so numerous that there is not really any cheese left except as a mental and emotional construct that there really is a hunk of cheese sitting there? That's the way I currently view the basis for the conclusion that human activity is responsible for a significant, long term change in global climate.

Perhaps the most troubling is the way so many of the big players in this scheme are so secretive about the data that they allege supports their conclusions. For example, Michael Mann (the Hockey Stick guy) and the Univ. of Virginia recently successfully thwarted a FOIA request for their data in court. Here's the thing: in every other scientific discipline, people are not only willing to share their data, they usually go out of their way to try to get as many people to look at it and review it as possible. Sure, some choose to withhold preliminary results, but when it comes time to publishing and pushing conclusions, the data is always available for review and and analysis by third parties. Among the human induce global warming advocates, this is often not the case. I think there is a reason for this and it's not good.

Then I have to consider the relative magnitudes of human sources of CO2 emission (about 30 GT per year) vs nonhuman sources, including plant life, animals, and the large bodies of water (about 650 GT per year, combine). By anyone's estimation, the human sources are dwarfed by the others combined. If CO2 is the primary culprit, how can human activity be the blamed if the combined contribution is about 5% of the others? In addition, we're looking at about 15 GT per year increase in the concentration in the atmosphere, which is smaller than human emissions.

Those who claim we're killing the planet with SUVs conveniently don't like to discuss the constant exchange of CO2 between the oceans and the atmosphere. Sure there is a correllation between temperature and CO2 concentration in both the atmo and the water, but one side is presupposing a causal relationship because it supports their predetermined conclusion. If the temp is constant, if the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere increases, more gets dissolved in the ocean. If the temp increases, more gets released to the atmosphere. One could make a much stronger argument that the temp increases are driving the increased CO2 content in the atmosphere rather than the opposite.

But what do I know.

Top Bottom