• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    If Romney wins what?

Article says if they win the state of Nevada.

But Ken Eastman may not cast his Nevada electoral vote for Romney, if the former Massachusetts governor wins the state. Eastman said he wants to explore options with Republican leaders in Clark County, a group now dominated by Paul supporters.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So if you live in Nevada, Texas, or Alaska a vote for Romney may not actually be a vote for Romney after all--you may be, in effect, voting for Obama?

Wait...huh?

It would appear no matter whom you vote for, you're voting for Obama:laugh:

air6dgo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    "electors say they may not support their party’s presidential ticket"

so why does the party have them as electors?
    The time to get behind another candidate has come and gone the choice ( like it or not ) is between Romney and obama. Any other vote is support for obama. Hope they are only making noise.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    "electors say they may not support their party’s presidential ticket"

so why does the party have them as electors?
    The time to get behind another candidate has come and gone the choice ( like it or not ) is between Romney and obama. Any other vote is support for obama. Hope they are only making noise.

I guess the real question should be why have the electoral college?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Wait, these are the election electoral college members that decide the general election??!

I guess a single electoral college vote is not likely to make a difference either way, so we can chalk this up to political theater??

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Because they can do what the people voted for them to do, decide what is best. It would not be the first time that the people of a State voted for someone and had the electoral votes of that State be cast for someone else. IIRC Carter got 4 Electoral votes even though the people of that State voted for Reagan.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

I believe the idea was that the majority of stupid citizens are not responsible enough to choose the correct president, and direct democracy is scary and dangerous.

People choose state representation, and state representation chooses the president.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I believe the idea was that the majority of stupid citizens are not responsible enough to choose the correct president, and direct democracy is scary and dangerous.

People choose state representation, and state representation chooses the president.

I agree. So, if they're smarter than the average citizen, then them making an "enlightened" decision that is different than our "ignorant" ones means we should welcome it. Otherwise, we should pursue an amendment to get rid of it and go to direct votes.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If this plays out, hopefully they will be given "God bless America" t-shirts and air dropped into Libya.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I agree. So, if they're smarter than the average citizen, then them making an "enlightened" decision that is different than our "ignorant" ones means we should welcome it. Otherwise, we should pursue an amendment to get rid of it and go to direct votes.

Direct votes is a bad idea. We are already close enough to having the wolves (those getting government freebies) out voting the sheep on what is for dinner. There really was a good reason for individuals not to vote for the President or Senators.

Top Bottom