• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Apparently the almighty dollar is more valuable than the owners personal beliefs.

Wonder how those who camped out for a couple hours to get medicore fast food are feeling today?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I heard this on the radio this morning and have spent the last couple hours wondering why they would do this. All the support they have gotten and are still getting from the american people and they turn around and do this. Why?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I heard this on the radio this morning and have spent the last couple hours wondering why they would do this. All the support they have gotten and are still getting from the american people and they turn around and do this. Why?

GLAAD is like the mafia with Rainbows instead of pinstripes. They are bullies with a megaphone.

I was never homophobic before but now I am starting to wonder if I should be. The power that 2% of the population is wielding is perhaps something to be phobic of.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    It's a business people. It's only purpose IS to make money.

They were making a lot more money with their stance. Somebody has to stand up for christianity and this nation as it was founded. They may have been playing a very small part but they had their part and they got support for taking the stance. Now they have caved and I believe all of us who showed our support by frequenting their restaraunt are owed an explanation.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Can someone post some official CFA quotes that said they have done this? So far, all I have seen is something from a guy in Chicago.

Maybe I missed it.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Somebody has to stand up for christianity and this nation as it was founded.

The founding fathers made clear that their primary concern was religious freedom, not the advancement of a state religion. Individuals, not the government, would define religious faith and practice in the United States.

1) Separation of Church and State?

2) Treaty of Tripoli, 1796 - "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Signed By President John Adams and receiving ratification unanimously from the U.S. Senate on June 7, 1797 - Taking effect as the law of the land on June 10, 1797.

:welcome:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The founding fathers made clear that their primary concern was religious freedom, not the advancement of a state religion. Individuals, not the government, would define religious faith and practice in the United States.

2) Treaty of Tripoli, 1796 - "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Signed By John Adams and ratified by Congress.

Freedom of religion - not freedom from religion, as is being pushed right now.

The language of the Treaty of Tripoli aside, read the Declaration of Independence and the writings of the Founders; you will see that God and Christianity were so ingrained into the culture as to be "invisible" or perhaps I should say the Founders meant it to be "indivisible", as their opinion seemed to be that without following Christian principles of morality, the Republic would succumb to the same sorts of forces that destroyed Rome and other earlier republics. Looking at what has become of our nation in the last 40 years, I can see their prescience.

Chik-fil-A is in the business of selling food products, not religion. I have no problem with them extricating themselves, corporately, from a morality debate they cannot win in an arena where their opponents control most of the message and media in which it is presented. I notice that they are still closed on Sundays and no mention was made about where Dan Cathy is spending his money.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY

2) Treaty of Tripoli, 1796 - "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Signed By President John Adams and receiving ratification unanimously from the U.S. Senate on June 7, 1797 - Taking effect as the law of the land on June 10, 1797.

Please inlighten all of us ont the exact location of the phrase "Separation of Church and State" in the constitution ?

And do you know the origen of that phrase ?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Please inlighten all of us ont the exact location of the phrase "Separation of Church and State" in the constitution ?

It doesn't have to be in the U.S. Constitution. You only have to repeat the phrase enough times and people will start to believe that it's in there somewhere. ;)

Funny thing, just yesterday was the anniversary of Washington's farewell address in which he clearly defined the role of religion and morality in the public forum. How far we've [STRIKE]come[/STRIKE] fallen.
    Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked: Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice ? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. ~ George Washington

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This discussion again?

Chickfila.jpg

Top Bottom