• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We haven't heard a whole lot about the race for Indiana Governor. I am not voting for Rupert! Both Pence and Gregg have excellent ratings from the NRA. Who is your choice and why

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tell me Ruperts short comings. I spoke to the man personally, and was VERY impressed.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'd have trouble voting for the first 2 on the list. I've seen and heard Gregg trying to pimp his mustache for votes. I wasn't impressed by him. I've been reading about Pence and Boneham. Not exactly decided as I haven't found enough to make me want to vote Pence and I've had trouble simply finding certain things about Boneham. The DOMA thing with Pence is a negative for me. There are other issues as well. Maybe I'll just spend that day bellied up to the bar.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Martin County
    We haven't heard a whole lot about the race for Indiana Governor. I am not voting for Rupert! Both Pence and Gregg have excellent ratings from the NRA. Who is your choice and why

The reason you are not hearing a whole lot about this race is because it is over. No contest. Pence is a lock barring any outrageous news.

Gregg is a good ol' boy who hasn't seen much of the world outside Indiana. Pence has a Rolodex the size of a ferris wheel. That means so much nowadays when we need to attract investors to Indiana.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Pence's conservatism doesn't bother me... His Republicanism does, however.

I have thought about voting for Bonham on principle... But then I realize how completely & utterly unqualified he is - no matter how "ideal" his ideals are.

I may very well vote for him anyhow - just because Pence will win by a decent margin. Won't be like I'll have "helped" another candidate win by voting 3rd party.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'd have trouble voting for the first 2 on the list. I've seen and heard Gregg trying to pimp his mustache for votes. I wasn't impressed by him. I've been reading about Pence and Boneham. Not exactly decided as I haven't found enough to make me want to vote Pence and I've had trouble simply finding certain things about Boneham. The DOMA thing with Pence is a negative for me. There are other issues as well. Maybe I'll just spend that day bellied up to the bar.

No drinking on election day!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Gregg's running mate, Vi Simpson, is a virulently anti-gun Democrat party hack from the Bloomington area. That alone should disqualify him from consideration by anyone saying they are a gun rights supporter.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Gregg's running mate, Vi Simpson, is a virulently anti-gun Democrat party hack from the Bloomington area. That alone should disqualify him from consideration by anyone saying they are a gun rights supporter.

This.

It's important to look at their running mates, and I do not like Vi Simpson at all, being from the Bloomington area. She has never responded to any emails I've ever sent her regarding any issues. Not even a form letter. And I've seen the bills she co-sponsors. Gregg is disqualified because of that alone. I like some of his other ideas, but not enough.

Pence... I dunno. I read his stuff, and I'm still undecided on him.

Rupert was on Survivor twice. Seems fishy to me.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    no_zelaya_tshirt-p235508349747282962azgw0_325.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We haven't heard a whole lot about the race for Indiana Governor.

Try living south of Seymore where your media market is controlled by Louisville. Before the internet we would have to drive to Columbus the morning after election for a newspaper just to see who our new Governor was.

I spent about 3 minutes at a Sara Palin rally talking to a short dude handing out signs for the Republican Party about the State of our Union. A few minutes later someone came up to me and said, "Wow. It looked like you and Governor Daniels really hit it off." I am not kidding, he was in street clothes and I had no idea.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    My thoughts:

Gregg - My first reaction was if he were running against anyone but Mike Pence (still mostly true). Then he picked Simpson as a running mate, not sure I can swallow that one. Sorry, John, love the 'stache, but not this year.

Pence - Would rather see him aiming for Dick Lugar's spot in the Senate (and then on to the white house), but he will get my vote in November.

Rupert - Sorry, I can't do it. Loved the man on Survivor, and he's done a hell of a lot with his 15 minutes of fame from it, but I can't see him as the executive for the State of Indiana.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My thoughts:

Gregg - My first reaction was if he were running against anyone but Mike Pence (still mostly true). Then he picked Simpson as a running mate, not sure I can swallow that one. Sorry, John, love the 'stache, but not this year.

Pence - Would rather see him aiming for Dick Lugar's spot in the Senate (and then on to the white house), but he will get my vote in November.

Rupert - Sorry, I can't do it. Loved the man on Survivor, and he's done a hell of a lot with his 15 minutes of fame from it, but I can't see him as the executive for the State of Indiana.

Pence still might go for Senate in a few years. As for Gregg, good old boys tend to not have many core beliefs thus are subject to corruption and backroom deals.

As for Rupert, remember how Jesse Ventura was made to look a fool by the national press? That is the fate of any libertarian who makes it to statewide office.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm voting for Pence (big surprise there). I've been listening to him for years and feel I know his positions enough to vote for him with some confidence, even if he weren't being opposed by John Gregg, who, apparently, decided to run for Governor for fun, since he hasn't said much of consequence where I could hear it.

I listened to Rupert talk to some folks at the State Fair. I don't care how nice a guy he may be or how wonderful his ideas are, he's not ready to be Governor of Indiana. Let him become a county commissioner or a mayor or a state representative for a couple years and then, AFTER he has some idea of what it takes to run a lesser polity, try for higher office.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will vote for Pence. I don't watch reality shows and certainly wouldn't vote for anyone whose claim to fame is being on one.

Top Bottom