• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Paramilitary SWAT officers deployed a flashbang grenade into a sleeping child's bedroom, as they executed an early morning raid on an innocent family. The grenade burned a 12-year-old girl, and created a hole in the wall as it "blew the nails out of the drywall."

All this violence in order to stop people from getting high. By the way, no drugs were found.

The shell-shocked family asks why the raiders don't just knock on the front door like men.

Grenade burns sleeping girl as SWAT team raids Billings home
    She questioned why police would take such actions with children in the home and why it needed a SWAT team.

"A simple knock on the door and I would've let them in," she said. "They said their intel told them there was a meth lab at our house. If they would've checked, they would've known there's not."

She and her two daughters and her husband were home at the time of the raid. She said her husband, who suffers from congenital heart disease and liver failure, told officers he would open the front door as the raid began and was opening it as they knocked it down.

When the grenade went off in the room, it left a large bowl-shaped dent in the wall and "blew the nails out of the drywall," Fasching said.
    507821fbc7571.preview-620.jpg

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    How many raids like this have to happen before a homeowner, startled awake by a door getting knocked down, grabs his HD shotgun and kills one or more of these officers because they wanna play soldier and dress tactical?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I like this quote
    St. John said investigators did plenty of homework on the residence before deciding to launch the raid but didn't know children were inside.

Plenty of homework and they failed to find out there were kids in he house?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    That kind of **it really pi**ses me off :xmad:. I have several LEO's I'm friends with but this kind of **it needs to stop! A lot of departments that have SWAT teams honestly don't need them. Talk about a waste of money.

This family should get RICH; unfortunately the taxpayers will be the ultimate losers in this.

I can just see it now...."After an extensive INTERNAL investigation, it has been determined that these officers made an honest mistake and as such no charges with be brought against the officers"......:xmad:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    How many raids like this have to happen before a homeowner, startled awake by a door getting knocked down, grabs his HD shotgun and kills one or more of these officers because they wanna play soldier and dress tactical?
    It's eventually going to happen, and some poor sap is gonna die in a hail of bullets. And in the event the million to one happens and said homeowner is not gunned down, I'd bet he'd spend the rest of his life in the slammer. Can't you just see the headlines? Crazed homeowner murders innocent cops who were executing drug warrant!

I'm sure there would never be any mention they raided the wrong damn house.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That kind of **it really pi**ses me off :xmad:. I have several LEO's I'm friends with but this kind of **it needs to stop! A lot of departments that have SWAT teams honestly don't need them. Talk about a waste of money.

This family should get RICH; unfortunately the taxpayers will be the ultimate losers in this.

I can just see it now...."After an extensive INTERNAL investigation, it has been determined that these officers made an honest mistake and as such no charges with be brought against the officers"......:xmad:

The family won't get squat, I doubt they have the resources to begin to fight this.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Shame on em, a few thoughts...

1. They weren't following current best practices in the use of a flashbang.
    2. The detectives who obtained the warrant apparently didn't do their jobs.
    3. I've seen many a flashbang detonate up against drywall and I've never seen one do that.
    4. Not all teams are created equal, many should not exist.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Where is that Souther Poverty Law Center ....

... when you could use them? OOOO, wait, this mistreatment was in Montana. And an interesting Castle Doctrine incident on the same page. DEBG

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The pic looks like a flop house.

The troublesome part of this is the lack of investigation. Just this week there have been more stories of cops mailing pot to the wrong address. It seems as if some people are a clerical error away from a no-knock raid.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    That is horrible, id go to the officers house who threw the flash bang and throw one through his window see how he likes it, basterd hope the girl recovers and the family sues the hell out of those cops

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Shame on em, a few thoughts...

1. They weren't following current best practices in the use of a flashbang.
    2. The detectives who obtained the warrant apparently didn't do their jobs.
    3. I've seen many a flashbang detonate up against drywall and I've never seen one do that.
    4. Not all teams are created equal, many should not exist.

Good post. Also, there is good reason why the IMPD SWAT team is not found in the news. Thanks for a job well done.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why do we allow this to continue?

I would argue that our legislature gave us a good first step. Beyond that, I have to conclude that the reason is that we have become a nation of sheep and it is going to take significant pushback to put a stop to this and also to put a stop to police (among other officials) who are more dishonest and dangerous than most of the criminals in the community. We have this problem because we have tolerated it.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    I would argue that our legislature gave us a good first step. Beyond that, I have to conclude that the reason is that we have become a nation of sheep and it is going to take significant pushback to put a stop to this and also to put a stop to police (among other officials) who are more dishonest and dangerous than most of the criminals in the community. We have this problem because we have tolerated it.

LOL!:lmfao:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I wouldn't say 'sheeple.' Most people do not experience these incidents. People get involved if it happens to them or their neighbors. It's common human behavior. Although not quite the same thing, this video illustrates the point.

[ame]http://youtu.be/E5jefmsqBG8[/ame]

Top Bottom