• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Since they will soon own everything and manufacture everything, they need to get in position to defend it all. They are good planners for the long range.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Clinton apparently didn't think it was such a bad idea. We could have bought the thing as easily as anyone else from the Ukraine for the $10M they wanted for it and this never would have happened.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Well, as they are surrounded by islands and countries armed with US provided anti-ship missiles thoroughly capable of sending that hunk of junk to a fast watery grave, color me unimpressed.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    i particularly enjoyed the classification of the other countries aircraft carries.

The french "charles de gaulle class" oooooooohhhh intimidating

The UK's "invincible class"...Apparently "petite class" or "playschools my first aircraft carrier class" were already taken by another country.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I didn't realize how big a deal an aircraft carrier really was...20 in the world. 11 of them US.

Another thing you have to consider is that this carrier is about half the tonnage of one of ours with less than half the air group, and this is the largest of the foreign carriers. The smallest at just over 1/10 the tonnage of one of ours belongs to Thailand and can operate only a few Harriers and helicopters.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    i particularly enjoyed the classification of the other countries aircraft carries.

The UK's "invincible class"...Apparently "petite class" or "playschools my first aircraft carrier class" were already taken by another country.

Look, I like the British. From their terrible teeth to their god-awful culinary catastrophes, those tea sipping, bar crawling, scousers are always spoiling for a fight. But what is it with their seemingly uncontrollable urge to call ocean going vessels things like unsinkable and invincible?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Look, I like the British. From their terrible teeth to their god-awful culinary catastrophes, those tea sipping, bar crawling, scousers are always spoiling for a fight. But what is it with their seemingly uncontrollable urge to call ocean going vessels things like unsinkable and invincible?

The best way I can explain it is that the Royal Navy has a superiority complex that makes most Texans look humble.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    While we've been there, done that, methinks the US is no longer capable of such feats. We can't even launch a shuttle now, let alone a Saturn V.

Someone is eating our lunch while we rearrange the deck chairs...

Truer words were never spoken. All good things must come to an end I suppose, but it was grand while it lasted....:patriot: I am happy I was able to live thru some of the "good times" even if it was the beginning of the end.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Hey, no making fun! :nono:

:D

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    While we've been there, done that, methinks the US is no longer capable of such feats. We can't even launch a shuttle now, let alone a Saturn V.

Someone is eating our lunch while we rearrange the deck chairs...

the moon is old news, we just landed a rover on mars

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wonder why the russians sold it?

They didn't. The thing was under construction on the Black Sea at the time the USSR Broke up. The first one had already been completed and the Russian officers broke an impasse as the Ukraine tried to claim the entire Black Sea Fleet by simply leaving and going to Russia with the operable ships. The second carrier which was still under construction simply sat there until the Ukrainians figured out that they had neither the will nor the resources to finish it and put it up for sale. We should have bought it even if we never did anything but scrap it, but we didn't and the Chinese did.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom