DHS paying for audio listening equipment in cities' public transport.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I thought buses already had audio video? Is the problem with the GPS and internet connection or the DHS funding?

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The First Paragraph said:
    Transit authorities in cities across the country are quietly installing microphone-enabled surveillance systems on public buses that would give them the ability to record and store private conversations, according to documents obtained by a news outlet.

Yes, the systems will record all those private conversations people hold in a public place. :tantrum:

I'm arguably more opposed to a police state than most here, but this is media sensationalism and not evidence of an oppressive government crushing the people under its jackboot.

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Yes, the systems will record all those private conversations people hold in a public place. :tantrum:

I'm arguably more opposed to a police state than most here, but this is media sensationalism and not evidence of an oppressive government crushing the people under its jackboot.
    I know, government isn't interested in the conversations of regular people (at least that's what I hope so). I just find it highly suspicious that DHS is granting tens of millions of dollars to... improve safety (huh?) and solve customer complaints.

Top Bottom