• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They gave us a taste of what TSA highway checkpoints would look like when the media covered the VIPR Teams harassing truck drivers in 2011. Now the TSA is asking for funding to create a Highway "BASE" (Baseline Assessment for Security Enhancement) program to expand their security theater to surface transportation.

TSA's Grip on Internal Travel is Tightening
    The application for funding from the TSA constitutes a preliminary step toward systematically expanding TSA's authority from airports to highways and almost every other means of public travel. The expansion would erase one of the last remaining differences between the US and a total police state; namely, the ability to travel internally without being under police surveillance. The total police state you experience at airports wants to spill into roads and bus stops, to subways and trains.

TSA: All your travel are belong to us?

041212tsa.jpg

TSA wants to conduct on-site transportation related security assessments
    TSA is seeking permission from the Office of Management and Budget to conduct security-related assessments during site visits to approximately 750 owners and operators of highway transportation assets (such as long-haul trucks) as well as 140 public transportation agencies.
    Federal Register, Volume 77 Issue 231 (Friday, November 30, 2012)
    Title: Highway Baseline Assessment for Security Enhancement (BASE) Program.
    Type of Request: New collection.
    OMB Control Number: Not yet assigned.
    Form(s): Highway Baseline Assessment for Security Enhancement (BASE).
    Affected Public: Highway transportation asset owners and operators.
    Abstract: TSA's Highway BASE program seeks to establish the current state of security gaps and implemented countermeasures throughout the highway mode of transportation by posing questions to major transportation asset owners and operators. Data and results collected through the Highway BASE program will inform TSA's policy and program initiatives and allow TSA to provide focused resources and tools to enhance the overall security posture within the surface transportation community.
    Federal TSA highway checkpoints, last year:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDhf6dsGfo"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDhf6dsGfo[/ame]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As usual, most people are completely indifferent until it affects them directly, by which time it is often too late. If they can do it to anyone, they can do it to everyone!

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    To those chickensh!ts who have been responding to a decade of TSA jackbooted thuggery by saying, "I just won't fly on the airlines anymore."...

WAY TO GO YOU APATHETIC @SSHOLES! I HOPE THEY PUT CHECKPOINTS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR F&%*ING HOUSES! ENJOY YOUR MOLESTATION!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I want to start a "Ron Swanson" movement to rid us of government.

I would like all Libertarians to get a job in government and then do their best to make sure absolutely nothing happens.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The word checkpoint raises my blood pressure immediately.

I am with you all the way. A chronic issue on INGO is friction between the police and the truck drivers. One of many grievances, perfectly legitimate in my reckoning, is that we truck drivers have been required to stop at checkpoints for decades, which, of course, will be used in the argument for expanding it to everyone else. Standard procedure: Infringe on one group that does not have the leverage on its own to push back effectively and is isolated enough that no one else will jump in until it is too late in the same manner as Martin Niemoller's famous qoute about 'When they came for the ____ I did not stand up...when they came for me, there was no one left to stand up.'

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    To those chickensh!ts who have been responding to a decade of TSA jackbooted thuggery by saying, "I just won't fly on the airlines anymore."...

WAY TO GO YOU APATHETIC @SSHOLES! I HOPE THEY PUT CHECKPOINTS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR F&%*ING HOUSES! ENJOY YOUR MOLESTATION!

What do you suggest we do, oh brave one? Don't hold back. Let us know what we should do. Letters to our Congress people haven't seemed to do any good; complaints to TSA haven't seemed to do any good; complaints to the airlines haven't done any good ... So what do you suggest?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What do you suggest we do, oh brave one? Don't hold back. Let us know what we should do. Letters to our Congress people haven't seemed to do any good; complaints to TSA haven't seemed to do any good; complaints to the airlines haven't done any good ... So what do you suggest?

:popcorn:
    Dis is gonna b good.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let's practice....
    "Officer, what is your name and badge number?"
    "Am I being detained?"
    "Am I free to go?"
    repeat

pffftttt.... your silly constitution has no power against federal authorities.

They'll ship you off to gitmo so fast your head will spin...terrorist.

but before they ship him since this is the TSA they will grope him, doe a cavity search, expose him to the x-ray machine and being that they will not be NOT in the airports they will soon learn from other JBTs how to make you eat the pavement as well.

Welcome Comrade to Amekica 2.0
    Heil ....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    TRW like sgtonory i don't think are going to reply.

Maybe the federal alphabet soup carted him off last night? Then again, maybe he is part of the federal alphabet soup setting others up to get carted off? I can agree with the expressed sentiment that simply avoiding locations where the TSA is known to set up shop doesn't alleviate the problem, but then again, it seems like there isn't anything that is helping. For crying out loud, they got away with doing the same to a senator without any significant consequences. I never thought I would have seen that happen.

Wanted: Effective solution.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know. But he'll be back to read what people have posted in reply. It's standard troll procedure: insult the hell out of people and then run away.

So I should call you a ... redneck and then
    running.gif
    ;)

Maybe the federal alphabet soup carted him off last night? Then again, maybe he is part of the federal alphabet soup setting others up to get carted off? I can agree with the expressed sentiment that simply avoiding locations where the TSA is known to set up shop doesn't alleviate the problem, but then again, it seems like there isn't anything that is helping. For crying out loud, they got away with doing the same to a senator without any significant consequences. I never thought I would have seen that happen.

Wanted: Effective solution.

This video does make more sense now...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cElTyqJkMEw

Top Bottom