• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did you notice the extortion in this story? The agreed to drop charges when no crime had occurred in exchange for not taking legal action against the .gov. That should be categorically illegal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "Secret" no-fly zone?

Nope. Just local LE with a hair up their ass.

Indeed so. And some people wonder why some of us (like Yours Truly) tend to distrust police for reasons including but not limited to making up their own law as they go along.

T/SF34/A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Interesting...funny thing is there is no such thing as a "secret" no-fly zone. As mentioned in the video, there are in fact "no-fly" zones (restricted airspace/prohibited areas) and they are depicted on FAA aeronautical charts.

This falls along the lines of overly bored people with "authority" having nothing better to do.

T/SF34/A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Did you notice the extortion in this story? The agreed to drop charges when no crime had occurred in exchange for not taking legal action against the .gov. That should be categorically illegal.

I caught that line as well -

I would have at least requested to be compensated for every second of my time spent being illegally detained

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Sounds like dumbass police work. Good job boys! You got that crazy harmless old man. Now eat some doughnuts. Also, bored ass power Plant security with nothing else to do but make up a fantasy situation where they are the heroes.

Remember if you see something you dont understand say something.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sounds like dumbass police work. Good job boys! You got that crazy harmless old man. Now eat some doughnuts. Also, bored ass power Plant security with nothing else to do but make up a fantasy situation where they are the heroes.

Remember if you see something you dont understand say something.

Indeed. Legends in their own minds.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    While not illegal, the agreement is absolutely invalid. The pilot's attorney should be drawing up lawsuits on every agency and individual that had anything to do with his illegal arrest and detention.

"Secret" no-fly zone?

Nope. Just local LE with a hair up their ass.
    I've flown out of Bermuda High, and know the Reids. It's a fantastic place for soaring, but it is smack in the middle of Bumble F*** South Carolina.

I'm sure the local constabulary was creaming their pants at the thought of bagging a gen-u-ine terrorist. "Shoot him down!", indeed, With what, Deputy Barney? You carrying a single air-to-air missile in your breast pocket? A heat seeking missle ought to work just fantastic against a motorless airplane. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom