• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    does this mean i get a free prostate exam?

yes, yes sir it is your turn.

man_with_goggles_putting_on_rubber_gloves_42-18365127.jpg

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    So, due to the security in airports, the bad guys are taking trains and buses. Hmmm, I did not even realize that this had become a problem outside of NY. It will be a small jump to vehicular traffic...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, due to the security in airports, the bad guys are taking trains and buses. Hmmm, I did not even realize that this had become a problem outside of NY. It will be a small jump to vehicular traffic...

They are a step ahead of you. Last year, the TSA started 'partnering' with the Tennessee state police camping scales. When dealing with vehicular infringements, they always start with the trucks first because most other people don't care so long as they aren't affected, and after all, it's just those stinkin' truck drivers.

After they have established a 'precedent' of violating the rights of a few, they can get it past the courts. Much in the same way that when motorists in general become required to stop at checkpoints for inspections of increasing invasiveness, the justification is that we have been requiring trucks to do this for decades. Just think of how the ever-encroaching seatbelt laws came to apply to everyone. First, the CFR demanded it in commercial vehicles (although it was largely ignored, it was still on the books, hence precedent). After that, the states started in on others, in Indiana's case making broad exceptions which kept public pushback below the level of forming lynch mobs, and then after about 20 years, those exceptions were eliminated, applying the law to everyone, in addition to it morphing from a secondary seatbelt law (i.e., you couldn't get stopped for that, but could be ticketed if caught) to a primary law (i.e., stopping people for that alone and/or camping intersections to check everyone passing through for seatbelts).

At this point in time, there is no mode of transportation over any significant distance that is safe from violations of the Fourth Amendment. Travelling by car is still the most safe, especially given that you can chart your own course particularly in terms of avoiding prime ambush sites, but that is far from foolproof, but it is a lot better than getting caught on a train or bus entering a station that has an ambush set up affording you no alternative. How long before we start seeing signs that say 'Work makes you free'?

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I take Amtrak a lot into and out of Chicago because I have relatives living there and TSA have been active in their Grand Central station for sometime. I have and my carry on has been checked on several occasions from these people.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I take Amtrak a lot into and out of Chicago because I have relatives living there and TSA have been active in their Grand Central station for sometime. I have and my carry on has been checked on several occasions from these people.

This is exactly the problem. The Fourth Amendment specifically addresses not only your home but your person and effects. It defies my understanding that some people are willing to accept the notion that your mere existence constitutes an implied warrant to search at will.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    This is exactly the problem. The Fourth Amendment specifically addresses not only your home but your person and effects. It defies my understanding that some people are willing to accept the notion that your mere existence constitutes an implied warrant to search at will.

Indy, I agree with you 100%,there is a sign up in their station saying that if you are randomly chosen to be searched, you can refuse but you will not be allowed on the train. I had seen 1 person refuse so far and when he was walking away, I saw a few police officers following him. I suspect he was stopped and questioned to why he refused the check.I also did notice them doing it to the local commuters also.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Let's see....

Searches of your person and your property at will (for the greater good, of course).

Banning of firearms (for the greater good, of course).

How long before folks are sent to camps?

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Seems the only thing missing is your travel permit allowing you to go in the first place, it will be next.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Simple fact: federal government is too large. We need to take more responsibility at state and local level and downsize federal government. Too many people have been brainwashed into thinking we are helpless creatures who can't care for ourselves but need a big federal mommy-state to monitor and care for us from cradle to grave -- poppycock and hogwash!

I have not flown on a plane for many years and cringe at the idea of going through airport security with a possible strip search or molestation. Not only will TSA infect trains, but you can expect to see them making random vehicle stops and searches on a road near you in the future. After all, they are the Transportation Security Administration and cars and trucks are forms of transportation.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Not only will TSA infect trains, but you can expect to see them making random vehicle stops and searches on a road near you in the future. After all, they are the Transportation Security Administration and cars and trucks are forms of transportation.

I think you hit it right on the mark here. I was thinking the same thing about how eventually they will be involved with normal vehicle stops and searches.First the airports,then the trains, then vehicle stops.Who knows maybe,eventually they will do random people searches on the street like they do now in NY city.

Top Bottom