0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sometime in between your sending letters to people in Washington, you might want to start flooding Senator Long's office with calls and letters in an effort to get him to let SB230 have a hearing. He's the only thing standing in the way of this bill and he's obviously playing the "I'm better than you" card. This tool needs to be recalled. Unfortunately, that's a no go in Indiana.

Indiana State Senator: “I Will Decide What’s Constitutional, Not You” – Tenth Amendment Center

But how could this be? Long is a Republican!

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Call them Republicans, RINOs or @$$holes. Regardless of title they are dangerous to a Constitutional Republic. He took the oath and needs to be reminded.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Call them Republicans, RINOs or @$$holes. Regardless of title they are dangerous to a Constitutional Republic. He took the oath and needs to be reminded.

I would say getting kicked to the curb in the next election should be a sufficient reminder.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    A bill that basically says that the United States Supreme Court does not get to decide what is constitutional? Sounds like more radicalism from the right. I suppose with the Heller decision, the conservatives on this board would also be okay if states started passing gun control bills under the guise that the Supreme Court got it wrong?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I would say getting kicked to the curb in the next election should be a sufficient reminder.

Mayhaps INGOers who reside in his district can start the process now.

A bill that basically says that the United States Supreme Court does not get to decide what is constitutional? Sounds like more radicalism from the right. I suppose with the Heller decision, the conservatives on this board would also be okay if states started passing gun control bills under the guise that the Supreme Court got it wrong?

The Supreme Court, like a broken clock, occasionally gets it right. How is your family going to fare under Obamacare?

Seems like if the Founders had thought there was a right to health care, they might have put that in the Constitution. Suppose, like education, that was a matter they thought should be decided by the States?

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Although the Constitution does NOT grant SCOTUS the power of judicial review, Justice Marshall claimed that power in Marbury v Madison. For most of our history that power was used to preserve the Constitution's limits on government's reach. The power has now been perverted to justify government's expansion without limits.

If we don't cry foul now, what freedom do you think they will leave us?

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    If you're in any form privileged enough to be in a government/political position that was bestowed upon you due to a public election, then you do not have the moral right for one second to assume that your opinion holds any more value than the opinion of the people who you not only represent, but the people who are responsible for you being where you are.

Let me be politically correct about this...After you resign Long go to hell.

Top Bottom